- 1/2 lb butter
- 1lb mixed dried fruit (use a food dehydrator to dry your fruit)
- 1 cupful sugar (brown or white)
- small cupful of water
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and boil for 2 minutes
- Leave to get cold
- Then add 2 well beaten eggs
- 1 cupful of plain flour
- 1 cupful of self raising flour
- Mix well with a hand mixer, then place straight into in a greased 7″ tin ( or an already greased tin, lined with baking paper)
- Bake at Gas Mark 4 or 160 degrees for 1+1/2 – 2 hours
Test with dry cocktail stick or a bread knife ~ place into middle cake to see if it is cooked through properly – Knife should come out clean, not sticky, If it’s sticky, then you need to sharpen it with an electric knife sharpener!
Leave to rest
Slice, eat and enjoy!
*Optional: serve warm, because it makes it more delicious, when using the best warming tray!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Four Chocolate Squares Recipe
- 5 Best Pull Down Faucets for your Kitchen
- What to Serve with French Onion Soup
- What Does an Infrared Oil-Less Turkey Fryer Deliver That Other Turkey Cookers Cannot?
- Great Gift Ideas For Kids Who Love To Cook And Bake!
- 10 Best Whipped Cream Dispensers For Your Kitchen
- What Kind of Infrared Technology is Used in an Infrared Oil Less Turkey Fryer?
- Simple Pound Cake Tips
- Learn About Roles of the Bread Ingredients
- How to Find Your Product Niche