Over the years, we’ve associated pasta with Italian dishes. However, people all over the world enjoy different variations of pasta dishes. For example, Indian pasta and Italian pasta differ slightly in shape and the type of flour used.
Pasta usually contains wheat and rice flour. One of the attractions of pasta dishes is the little amount of time needed to cook a tasty meal.
Some people have removed pasta from their diet, as research suggested that it contributed to obesity. However, a follow-up study proved that pasta is part of a healthy diet and is not related to obesity.
Pasta is a cholesterol-free food, low in sodium and rich in energy and folic acid. Consequently, pasta is very healthy and forms an essential part of a balanced diet.
So, feel free to enjoy pasta anytime without worrying about health complications. These one-plate meals are perfect for movie night or while gaming on scr888.
Below are some delicious pasta dishes.
Tomato Bacon Pasta
This traditional Italian dish takes 15 minutes to prepare. It’s a versatile dish—you can add extras like vegetables or herbs according to what you have on hand.
- 160 g pasta
- One minced garlic
- 1 tsp cooking oil (olive)
- 150 g diced bacon
- 400 g tomato paste
- ½ onion
- Cook the pasta in a large bowl according to the packet instructions, but cook 2 minutes less.
- Meanwhile, heat the cooking oil in a pot over high temperature and cook the bacon for 60 seconds. Add onion and garlic until the bacon turns golden. Drain the excess cooking oil.
- Add ½ cup of the pasta water to the pot. Stir and let it simmer. Stir well, making sure to scrape all the golden bits from the bottom.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Transfer the pasta from the bowl to the cooking pot.
- Use wooden spoons to toss the mixture until all the sauce coats the pasta. Use the pasta water to bring the sauce to your preferred thickness or thinness.
- Season your dish with salt and pepper.
- Serve while hot (immediately) with toppings like grated parmesan or chopped basil.
This pasta dish has strong roots in Italy. The preparation time is only 15 minutes, and a serving has about 655 calories. It’s an ideal dish for people in a hurry.
- 225 g pasta
- Two eggs
- Four slices of diced bacon
- Four minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Two tablespoons of chopped parsley leaves (fresh)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot according to the instructions on the package. Drain all the water, reserving ½ cup.
- Whisk the eggs, add the cheese and mix in a small bowl.
- Use a large skillet for cooking the bacon. First, heat the skillet on medium-high heat. Then, add the bacon and cook for about 6 – 8 minutes until brown.
- Add garlic and stir for about 1 minute until it produces an aroma, then lower the heat.
- Add the pasta to the skillet. Add the egg and cheese mixture while tossing vigorously to mix. Season the mixture with pepper and salt to taste. Slowly add the pasta water until you achieve the desired thinness.
- Add parsley leaves at your preference.
- Serve while hot.
The recipe above serves four people. It’s easy to modify depending on the size of your family. It is also okay to add cream to the carbonara to make a thicker and creamier sauce.
Sausage pasta is a dish with many variations. You can change the type of sausage used and the shape of the pasta. Besides flavor, different sausages have different nutritional value as some sausages are 100% meat alone, while others contain fillers and some have special herbs and spices.
- 250 g long pasta
- 500 g Italian sausages (or any other sausage of your choice)
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Two minced garlic cloves
- One onion (small)
- 800 g tomato paste/crushed tomato
- 1 – 2 teaspoons chili/pepper flakes (depending on your preference)
- Finely sliced basil leaves and parmesan
- Cook the pasta in a large pot according to the package instructions, but 1 – 2 minutes less.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain the rest.
- Cut the sausages in about 1.5 cm pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook until they turn brown on the outside.
- Add garlic and onion and cook for two minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper, chili flakes, and tomato paste in no specific order. Mix and turn the mixture for 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the pasta and half of the reserved pasta cooking water and toss for not more than 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with basil leaves and parmesan.
- Serve while hot.
The dish serves four people.
One-Pot Mexican Skillet Pasta
Most pasta dishes whip up quickly, but One-Pot Mexican Skillet Pasta takes about 30 minutes.
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Ground turkey (1 pound)
- Uncooked pasta (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken soup
- One diced tomato
- 1 cup black beans (canned)
- Corn kernels (1 cup)
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add ground turkey and cook for 5 minutes and drain the extra oil.
- Add the pasta, tomato sauce, chicken soup, and salsa. Cook for not more than 16 minutes under medium heat to cook the pasta.
- Add black beans and corn and mix to combine.
- Add cheese and stir for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
- Mace – Origin, Uses, Tips
- Seven Reasons to Bake Your Own Bread
- Best Corned Beef Brisket with Potatoes and Cabbage 2 Ways
- 5 Best Coffee Tumblers for your Kitchen
- Is Amazon Prime Pantry Worth It?
- 10 Best Arborio Rice Reviews & Rating (2020)
- Time to Get the Apple Crunch Baking
- National Bake and Decorate Month
- 5 Fall Fruits You Should Dehydrate
- Cloves – Origin, Uses, Tips