Planning ahead for the holidays, or looking for something new to bake? Here are some easy, delicious cookie recipes to get you started.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugars together. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Mix flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt together with a hand mixer. Slowly add to the cream mixture and mix well. Shape dough into one-inch balls and roll them in powdered sugar. Grease or spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray and place the cookies on sheets. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned. Allow to cool. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
- 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies, homemade or store bought
- 1- 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
Red and Green candy sprinkles
Cream butter and cream cheese. Gradually add sugar. Spread enough mixture on the top of each cookie to cover. Add red and/or green candy sprinkles on top, pressing slightly into creamed mixture if needed. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 and ½ cups cut-up candied fruit
- 1 cup coconut
- 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut, then candied fruit, then dates, then nuts into a 9×9 baking dish. Pour sweetened condensed milk over top. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Tailgate Grills for your Kitchen
- 3 Best Olive Oil Dispensers for your Kitchen
- Faith’s Potato Skins – St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- 5 Best Cuban Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- 10 Gift Tips for Baker in Your Life
- Easy Candy You Can Make in 30 Minutes!
- 10 Best Ladles (Soup Spoons) for Your Kitchen (2020)
- 5 Best T-fal Cookware Sets for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Cheese Boards for your Kitchen
- Add a little spice to wake up your cookie recipes