When you step into your kitchen, sometimes you’re just looking for something quick and easy to eat. Toast, microwavable TV dinners, even pizza delivery all require a minimum of effort. But sometimes, you want to make something home-made, delicious, and memorable – something special. A meal that can impress at a friendly get-together, a quiet date at home, or at a holiday family gathering.
The Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic enameled cast iron Dutch oven has everything you need to make these special occasions and culinary dreams a reality. But what is an enameled cast iron Dutch oven? What makes the Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic a better choice than a regular cast iron pan – or any other pan in the kitchen? To answer these questions, let’s take a look at some of the features of the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic.
What features does the Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic Dutch oven have?
Great for stews, braises, and roasts, a cast iron Dutch oven is a heavy-lidded pot made of cast iron. But unlike traditional cast iron products, enameled cast iron has several layers of porcelain enamel over the bare iron. What’s the purpose of the enamel? It protects the cast iron, precludes the need to season your pan – and it even makes it easier to clean your pan.
Enameled cast iron Dutch ovens also enjoy a wide range of versatility in the kitchen. You can safely use many brands (including the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic) on the stovetop, in an oven or broiler, or even on an induction stovetop.
Several brands and models of enameled cast iron products enjoy many of these features, too. What sets the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Dutch oven apart from the rest?
What are the Pros of the Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic?
In its best enameled cast iron Dutch oven review, the Ultimate Dutch Oven Guide labels the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Dutch oven the best of its class. Let’s take a look at why this Dutch oven is a superior product compared to its competitors.
- The Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic Dutch oven is much more affordable than pricey French enameled cast iron Dutch ovens.
- It has a flat-bottomed surface, which means your food won’t slide away from you while you cook.
- The larger interior space of this pot promotes evaporation, which condenses and enriches the flavor of your dishes better than its competitors.
- The handles and the oven are all one piece, so the handles won’t ever loosen or fall off over time.
- The Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Dutch oven is dishwasher safe.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to try the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Dutch oven. However, there can be a few disadvantages to this enameled cast iron product as well.
What are the Cons of the Cuisinart CI670-30CR?
Any given product will have some drawbacks, too. Let’s take a look at what some of the potential disadvantages of the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Dutch oven could be.
- As with any other enameled cast iron product, you need to be careful not to scratch or chip off the enamel coating on the Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic Dutch oven.
- The handles of the Cuisinart enameled Dutch oven are on the smaller side, which can become problematic when it’s hot.
- Though all cast iron cookware is heavy, this Dutch oven may be slightly heavier than other comparable products.
With these factors in mind, you might wonder whether there could be any other worthwhile enameled Dutch oven options out there. The truthful answer is yes – so let’s check it out!
Are there any other enameled cast iron Dutch oven options?
We know that other enameled cast iron Dutch oven options are out there, so the question becomes: should you try one of those products instead?
Well-known by professional chefs and indulgent home cooks alike, Le Creuset Signature enameled cast iron Dutch oven is another popular enameled cast iron Dutch oven on the market. It is resistant to chipping and cracking, and it’s both (relatively) lightweight and performant. This product consistently enjoys strong Amazon.com customer ratings and reviews.
However, many customers ultimately don’t find the notoriously high cost to be worth it. Some say that similar cooking results can be achieved with products at a third (or more!) of the price of Le Creuset. For some cooks, this Dutch oven merits its steep price; but for everyone else – why pay more?
When considering the best enameled cast iron Dutch oven, review your options. Would you rather spend several hundred dollars for an enameled cast iron Dutch oven that has a fancy name? Or would you like to cook beautiful, satisfying meals of comparable quality for a fraction of the cost?
The Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Dutch oven is a sturdy, hard-working, and easy-to-clean product. It has a competitive price, it looks beautiful on the stove and the serving table, and it’s one of the few enameled cast iron Dutch ovens that are dishwasher safe. When you’re ready to impress others with a slow-cooked roasted chicken, homemade beef stew, or Dutch oven bread – you’ll be ready to try a Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic Dutch oven!
Not what you’re looking for? Check out our other best dutch ovens.
- Enther Meal Prep [20 Pack] Bento Box
- Tips to Make Your Christmas Cookies Better
- A chicken noodle soup recipe with an Asian flair
- Awesome Grilled Chicken Breasts Recipe
- Clever Ways to Use Your Muffin Pan
- Baking Delicious “Spritz Cookies”
- How to Cook Fish at Home
- Whole Wheat Flour Baking Tips and Tricks
- Glass Meal Prep – Bento Box
- What is Behind Cake Decorating