Why should you buy our 4 best green tea selections? Well, we really like its health benefits. And this is backed by modern scientific studies in the field of human health, food, and nutrition.
Any other reason to try our top 4 green tea choices? Yes. We also love how it tastes. This is practically a combination of how it smells and its flavor. For us, it has this fresh aroma like grass and grapes. And it also has this sweet, earthy taste, with a touch of mild bitterness.
Now how did we decide to fixate on these green tee products? Well first, we needed to learn about the most popular variants in the market today. Amazon’s bestseller list from Q1 to Q2 2020 helped us. But our peers contributed in a big way. They shared their feedback. And this allowed us to come up with a shortlist of top green tea options.
Second, we tested the brands and variants in our preliminary list. Then, we evaluated our results with the help of our seasoned tea-loving friends. So we managed to finalize our 4 best green tea selections. And here’s a quick snapshot of what we learned from our extensive research, thorough tests, and careful assessment:
Best Green Tea Review Center
|#1 - Jade Leaf Matcha Green Tea Powder ||99%|
|#2 - FGO Organic Green Tea Bags ||94%|
|#3 - Taylors of Harrogate Green Tea with Jasmine ||92%|
|#4 - Bigelow Classic Green Tea Bags ||90%|
Want to learn why we highly recommend these 4 green tea brands? Head on over to our detailed reviews. And whenever you’re ready, click the yellow button to get the best price on Amazon!
#1 – Jade Leaf Matcha Green Tea Powder
Jade Leaf Matcha is a reputable company that’s based in the USA. Their quality standards are drawn from current scientific research, state regulations, and federal safety guidelines. Plus, commercial American laboratories thoroughly evaluate their products. This happens right after they’re vigorously tested at the Japan-based farms where they’re grown.
- This product comes in packs of 1, 3.5, 8.8 and 16 ounces;
- It’s grown and tested at local farms in Yugi, Japan; and
- This green tea brand is carefully evaluated by American commercial laboratories.
- It’s 100% organic, according to the USDA;
- It’s authentic Japanese matcha, bred from Japan’s earliest and most notable matcha-growing region;
- It’s grown, blended and grinded by seasoned Uji farmers; and
- Sophisticated commercial laboratories in the USA thoroughly inspect each pack.
#2 FGO Organic Green Tea Bags
A lot of our friends suggested these FGO organic green tea bags during our extensive research. After learning about their feedback and seeing this product in Amazon’s bestseller list this Q2 2020, we dug much deeper to learn about its manufacturer. They’re based in California, USA.
- This product comes in packs of 20 and 100 tea bags;
- It’s organic Chinese green tea; and
- These paper tea bags are made out of natural abaca hemp fiber.
- 100% organic and non-GMO, certified by USDA and CCOF (California Certified Organic Farmers);
- Rich in natural antioxidants from plant-based components;
- Blended, bagged and packaged in California, USA;
- Comes in foil-lined craft bags; and
- 100% moneyback guarantee if you don’t like it.
#3 Taylors of Harrogate Green Tea with Jasmine
Taylors of Harrogate is a credible manufacturer of organic green tea. This product is blended with Jasmine for a more flavorful and aromatic experience. Many of our peers recommend their Assam, Afternoon Darjeeling, Ceylon, Earl Grey, and Decaffeinated Breakfast variants.
- Available in packs of 1 and 6, each with 50 tea bags;
- Other variants include English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, Organic Chamomile, Lapsang Souchong, Scottish Breakfast, and Organic Peppermint flavors;
- Fresh flavor and aroma;
- Do not serve with milk; and
- Can be sweetened with honey or sugar.
- Beneficial antioxidants with each green tea bag;
- Fresh flavor and vegetal aroma;
- Grown, blended, bagged and packed in the UK; and
- Much cheaper when buying 6-pack variant.
#4 Bigelow Classic Green Tea Bags
Bigelow came highly recommended by some of our friends. Many of them are veteran green tea drinkers. When we saw their classic green tea bags at the top spots in Amazon’s bestseller list today, we immediately tested them. And here’s what we learned:
- Comes in 18, 20 and 40 classic green tea bags, sold as packs of 6;
- Variants are available, such as green tea with ginger, matcha with turmeric, what they call the variety pack, and Constant Comment, among others; and
- Since 1945, Bigelow continues to operate in the USA and offers high-grade products.
- Delicate taste, thanks to its modest flavor and not too grassy aroma;
- Has lower caffeine, a primary advantage of delicate brews; and
- Kosher certified, gluten-free, and 0 calories.
Green Tea Buyer’s Guide
To spot the most suitable product, you need to know the most important parameters that can make or break a green tea brand. This allows you to prioritize the factors that count most for your exact preferences. You can refer to the checklist that we used for evaluating our 3 best green tea selections. Here it is:
What Makes Green Tea Suitable for Your Exact Needs?
- Safety Certification — Nobody wants to drink something that isn’t certified by their government’s expert agencies. Most of us even want added third party evaluation from credible commercial laboratories. That’s why you’re recommended to choose brands certified by the USDA as 100% organic and non-GMO;
- Aroma & Flavor — This all boils down to how you want your green tea to taste. And remember, the aroma has a significant impact on how we perceive flavor. So this is how you decide which variant is just right for you. But in general, premium green tea smells like fresh grass. And its flavors range from vegetal and nutty, to fruity and bittersweet;
- Origin, Strain & Farming Practice — Significantly, these affect green tea’s aroma, flavor, health benefits, and texture. So keep in mind to learn about where it’s grown, blended, bagged, and packed. This way, you’ll learn what kind of strain and which type of farming, blending, bagging and packaging protocols are ideal for you;
- Price — Assume you’ll pay more for imported products. That’s likely. But in any case, the value that you expect to get from your choice should drive your buying decision. So carefully weigh the prices of your top picks. Then, decide on something that can give you the benefits that you want for your time and money; and
- Value-Added Benefits — Lots of producers, distributors, and retailers often offer some sort of promo. Amazon has many of them, at any given time. These include discounts for bulk purchases, waived delivery fees, freebies like a collection of quick green tea recipes, and so on. Consider asking around, since this can sweeten the deal for you.
Green Tea FAQs
What are the health benefits of green tea?
Vigorous scientific research today indicates that green tea's catechin content has beneficial antioxidants. Some results show it can also lower cholesterol. This seems to be a direct effect of improved blood flow, which is also another known effect of green tea. Meanwhile, Swiss medical experts recently performed a series of controlled MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) tests. This showed that a majority of participants who regularly drank green tea had more activity in their brain's working-memory area.
How does Green Tea taste like?
A general description among us is that it tastes fresh and earthy. But in our experience, its flavors range from bittersweet and vegetal, to nutty and fruity. That's because how it tastes usually depends on the brand, variant, brewing process, and a few others.
Can I drink green tea with lemon?
Yes. And you're recommended to do this. That's because, in 2007, Purdue University's scientific study pointed out that green tea with lemon showed an increase in the tea's catechin content. Keep in mind, these catechins have positive anti-oxidizing effects, as indicated by many scientific research and laboratory tests.
Should I drink green tea with ginseng?
You're recommended to do this if you want. Ginseng is a beneficial additive. It boosts general vitality and the immune system. It's also known to reduce stress and restore virility.
Can I add honey to green tea?
Yes. But use raw or unprocessed honey. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidizing effects can add up to what you can get from green tea. Honey's also rich in amino acids. This means it can also reduce stress and fatigue.