We rounded up the 10 best lasagna pans of the year. And now we’re sharing our list so you can benefit from the results of our extensive research and thorough tests.
But let us walk you through our process. As you browse through the products in our roundup, you’ll be able to use some or a combination of the steps we did to finalize our list of the top 10 lasagna pans this 2020. This can provide you with a quicker and more convenient way to pinpoint the right type of lasagna pan for your kitchen. So let’s start!
Remember, when choosing the right lasagna pan, there are so many types available and you may be wondering which one is the best. Well, we have chosen some of the best from our extensive research and thorough tests, and this list is sorted according to average Amazon ratings and customer reviews. We also took note of comments from family and friends about these products. So here are the top 10 lasagna pans of 2020:
Best Lasagna Pan Review Center 2020
|#1 - Cuisinart 6117-14 Chef's Classic 14-Inch Lasagna Pan||99%|
|#2 - Cuisinart CI1136-24CR Chef's Classic 14-Inch Lasagna Pan||96%|
|#3 - TeamFar Rectangular Lasagna Pan||95%|
|#4 - Krokori Rectangular Lasagna Pan||94%|
|#5 - OXO Good Grips Lasagna Pan||90%|
|#6 - Emile Henry Lasagna Pan||84%|
|#7 - All-Clad Stainless Steel Lasagna Pan||80%|
|#8 - HIC Porcelain Lasagna Pan||78%|
|#9 - Excel Steel Lasagna Pan||76%|
|#10 - Le Creuset Heritage Lasagna Pan||62%|
At this point, you obviously want to learn more about each of these products. That won’t be a problem since we’ve logged all the results of our tests and curated it in a way that can make it easier and more convenient for you to know the most advantageous features and benefits of each product in our roundup.
Remember, our test group consists of home cooks, pro chefs, kitchen lovers, foodies and culinary advocates with relevant knowledge and expertise that range from beginner to expert levels. This way, you’ll be able to pinpoint the lasagna pans that comply with your exact parameters. So here are our findings as we carefully reviewed and thoroughly tested the top 10 lasagna pans of 2020:
#1 – Cuisinart 6117-14 Chef’s Classic 14-Inch Lasagna Pan
Cuisinart 6117-14 makes baking lasagna easy. It has a non-stick coating and a very long-lasting design. This product weighs 1.44 ounces and has a dimension of 14 inches in length, 10.5 inches in width, and 2.5 inches in depth. This shows it has a substantial amount of length and is considerably wide, giving it a beautiful rectangular structure essential for baking lasagna into the right degree.
What We Like About it
The first thing that we love after using the Cuisinart 6117-14 is its extravagant non-sticky finish, which prevents the sticking of stains and dirt on the pan. This makes it very easy and quick to wash.
It is a product that is built to last long and serves its purpose of baking lasagna efficiently without any repair or damage. With its simple design, it adds beauty to both the kitchen and the dinner table.
We prefer this product because it has a full 1-year warranty. This shows how confident the manufacturer of the product is. It is a high-quality lasagna pan.
#2 – Cuisinart CI1136-24CR Chef’s Classic 14-Inch Lasagna Pan
The Cuisinart Classic Enameled is made from enameled cast iron. It is structured to have 18 x 10.3 x 3 inches in length, breadth, and depth, respectively. This gives it a rectangular shape. With this pan, you can cook in any manner you want. You can cook on the stove, oven, or under the broiler. The best part is you can use it in the oven, microwave, broiler, and freezer without transferring odor between uses.
What We Like About it
What we like about this product is that it lets you explore different cooking methods. This includes roasting and broiling, among many other cooking strategies and tactics. This shows how it can serve as a multipurpose kitchen appliance.
This product is made from cast iron, which explains why when this product is heated, it retains a large amount of heat. With this, it distributes heat uniformly.
The Cuisinart’s porcelain enamel interior design makes it perfect for cooking in such a way that it doesn’t diffuse flavors or absorb odors. Its porcelain enamel exterior design gives it strength and its long-lasting characteristics. This also makes it perfect for cooking, serving and entertaining.
This product works well in the oven, broiler, stovetop, and under the broiler without worry; one might damage it. You can also wash it in the dishwasher for easy clean-up and maintenance.
#3 – TeamFar Rectangular Lasagna Pan
This TeamFar rectangular lasagna pan is frankly good for what it is. This product is made of high-quality stainless steel without any chemical coating. It has put up with a few rounds through oven roasting poultry and stuffing, along with the washing that came after, and it’s still looking good.
It is safe from rusting and corrosion. This product can be used for multiple purposes, from baking lasagnas to roasting meat and veggies to baking brownies. This product offers healthy food preparation without any form of contamination.
What We Like About It
We like the TeamFar rectangular lasagna pan for its high quality and healthy structure, which assists greatly in everyday cooking and eating. This product is made of pure stainless steel and no toxic coating. This makes food safe for consumption.
We also admire the matte finish surface of this product. This helps this rectangular baking pan to reduce the chances of food sticking on its surface significantly. It’s also equipped with dishwasher safe features. Plus, cleaning is quick and easy, even when you manually wash it. Also, we appreciate its thick gauge with a solid construction, which makes this pan durable for many years to come. It’s also in an ideal lightweight form factor.
#4 – Krokori Rectangular Lasagna Pan
This lasagna pan is built and structured fashionably, with its flashy color, which adds elegance and beauty to the kitchen. It measures 9 inches in length, 13 inches wide and 2.7 inches deep. This pan is perfect for lasagna, pizza, bread, spaghetti, meat, beef, and vegetables. It is better to hand-washed the Krokori lasagna pan to avoid damages.
What We Like About it
This Krokori lasagna pan is made of high-quality shiny coating called glaze. It is Poi and PTFE-free hybrid ceramic, which prevents it from being sticky or flaky. Also, this feature makes it durable and provides a good experience in the kitchen.
This product can withstand high temperatures because it is made with the materials for the purpose. It can also be used in the oven, microwave, and refrigerator. It cannot be used with direct fire or induction though; you have to use a trivet with it to avoid any form of damage.
The Krokori lasagna pan is distinct from the elegant double handle design feature it possesses. This makes it very easy for handling in the kitchen and when transferring from the oven and vice versa.
We also love the multipurpose features. This shows why it’s suitable for lasagna, pizza, bread, spaghetti, meat, beef, and vegetables. You can also reheat the leftovers inside it to eat later.
#5 – OXO Good Grips Lasagna Pan
The OXO Good Grips Pro Deep is used to efficiently bake lasagna in the oven. It measures 12.5 x 9.8 x 3.5 inches and weighs 1.94 pounds. The American product has shown its capability, from the way it holds lasagnas to withstanding a high degree of temperature and heat without wearing out. This won it the Housewares Innovation Award in 2018. Plus, the OXO contains no elements that can poison any food.
What We Like About it
We are fond of the OXO Good Grips Pro Deep, because of micro-textured design, which does not allow the lasagna to be in contact with its surface. This allows for the free flow of air and contributes to the structural strength.
This product is also well-engineered to be resistant to any damage caused by metal corrosion. It is also resistant to abrasion. This promotes beauty and affluence in the kitchen.
The way it combines strength and durability with the help of its square-rolled edges also assists in the secure grip for handling, both when inside and outside the kitchen.
The layered interior also helps to bake lasagnas into the right degree, which adds perfection to making lasagna in the kitchen. It possesses a dual-function coating, which is necessary for giving the food the savory and sweet taste.
#6 – Emile Henry Lasagna Pan
This pan is produced by Emile Henry, which is known for producing high-quality ceramic pan used to bake lasagna in the oven. All Emile Henry products are made in France.
This lasagna Pan can hold up to 4-6 layers of lasagna. It is a pan that can make servings of family dishes for special occasions. This product was made in the way of targeting American consumers. Also, it weighs 4 pounds and measures 11 x 8 x 4 inches.
What We Like About it
The spectacular feature of this French product is its unrivaled heating power. This baker can bake lasagna up to the required degree for just the right amount of savory. The heating power is unrivaled compared to all other types of lasagna pans. We have compared and contrasted between the different types, and we notice this product has a unique heating power.
Also, because it was made from high resistance ceramic (HR ceramic), it distributes heat gently and smoothly. It is also known for its remarkable capability to resist shock, which makes it very durable.
This product can also be put in the freezer or oven. For people that store food and want to consume it later, this lasagna pan is the best they can get. This will stop you from wasting food, thereby saving money too.
This lasagna pan has an appealing appearance exterior. The exterior is resistant to scratches from metals, it has a shiny appearance, and it is a non-stick cooking surface that makes clean up after cooking easy.
#7 – All-Clad Stainless Steel Lasagna Pan
The All-Clad Stainless Steel is a flexible pan that can be used for making lasagnas, casseroles, and many more. It measures 12 inches in length, 15 inches in width, and then 4 inches in height. With these measurements, it has a rectangular structure and has a capacity depending on its base. It serves as a versatile kitchen appliance for making traditional family culinary delights. It weighs 1 pound, which makes it very easy to lift out of the oven to serve lasagna.
What we Like About it
We are fond of its capability to serve as a multipurpose kitchen accessory that can be used to make lasagna, as well as small roasts, casseroles, and many more. It serves a lot of purpose in the kitchen. This is very good for a family household.
We also found out it is made of a polished and shining stainless steel exterior, except for its base, which is made of thick aluminum that is stain resistant. This allows even heat distribution. This stain resistance feature also makes it very easy for clean-up and does not react with food.
This pan is made of high-quality materials that make it very durable for lifetime use. This is why some of its regular users have chosen it over other traditional pans.
You can also wash it with the dishwasher and place it at the top rack of the dishwasher compartment.
Apart from all these, it also has an ergonomic handle for a safe-grip when moving the pan from the oven to the table. This is useful for preventing food spillage.
#8 – HIC Porcelain Lasagna Pan
The Harold Import Co Porcelain rectangular pan is an efficient lasagna pan that is layered to bake lasagna into the eight degrees. It is specially built for baking, boiling, and roasting. It weighs 2 pounds, and its dimension measured approximately 6 inches by length, 11 by the breadth and 2 inches deep. This product comes only in white color and is made from good quality Porcelain.
What We Like About it
This product is known for the way it distributes heat uniformly, so your lasagna is baked evenly. It also has a great depth for making deeply layered recipes.
It is a very versatile lasagna pan for baking foods. This explains why it can be used to bake other foods like baked ziti, and mac and cheese.
It’s made from porcelain, which is why it is very durable and efficiently bakes lasagna to a savory note. This product also possesses handles for easy handling of the lasagna pan when transferring the food from the oven to the table. The soft-grip handle also prevents the spilling of food when serving.
It also serves its function as an efficient dinnerware for special occasions, lunch, brunch, holiday meals, party meals, and buffet. You can use it in the oven, microwave, broiler, and freezer without transferring odor between uses.
#9 – Excel Steel Lasagna Pan
Excel Steel Lasagna Pan with Stainless Roasting Rack is a beautiful mirror-polished stainless steel lasagna pan for baking multi-layered lasagnas inside the oven. Both the exterior and interior are made of stainless steel. This lasagna pan weighs 4.65 pounds and has a dimension of 10.5 x 3 x 13 inches. While baking your lasagna inside the oven, it can also be used for roasting at the same time. It is a very versatile cooking appliance.
What We Like About it
We are fond of its mirror finish stainless interior and exterior structure. This makes it a good fit for all the standard ovens if you want to make your lasagnas. This makes it ideal for cooking, roasting, and grilling.
We admire the comfortable stainless steel handle that makes lifting the lasagna pan easier and more comfortable when placing it in and taking it out of the oven. The handle is very big, and we could comfortably hold it without any spilling in the kitchen or on the dinner table.
The product does not react with food. It is non-toxic to the food items, thereby making food safe for consumption. This also means the flavors of the food will be unchanged.
Finally, this pan that comes with a rack is dishwasher safe; it can be cleaned in the dishwasher without being damaged.
#10 – Le Creuset Heritage Lasagna Pan
Le Creuset’s cast iron is molded by French craftsmen, and that is why it is original and long-lasting. This gives happiness to food lovers that are looking forward to using this particular pan for baking their lasagnas because of the unique way it was hand-crafted by French craftsmen.
The pan is known for its strength and its weight of 8.6 pounds. It also has a dimension of approximately 14 x 19 x 17 inches. Plus, it comes in three vibrant colors.
What We Like About it
The Le Creuset has an outer surface which is made of high standard enamel. This prevents it from having different marks or damage when other metals come in contact with it. The pan will look new and shining all the time, which certainly contributes to the elegance of the kitchen.
This product is also able to withstand so much wear and tear. It can also withstand temperatures as high as 2192 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it very durable and one of the reasons why this product’s fans prefer it over every other pan.
We are astonished at the way it blocks moisture from entering, which could have caused cracking inside the lasagna pan. Moreover, the enamel used in making the exterior prevents it from staining and also prevents it from flavor absorption.
This product also is dishwasher safe, which means we are safe to put it in the dishwasher without damaging it, making the clean-up after cooking an easy task.
And that concludes our findings and test results as we extensively reviewed and thoroughly tested the 10 best lasagna pans of 2020. Don’t forget to focus on the most important factors described earlier as you go through your shortlist. This way, you’ll be able to accurately and objectively find the most suitable lasagna pans from our roundup above. Plus, as a friendly reminder, feel free to ask your family and friends for their opinions and comments about the lasagna pans in your shortlist, especially those who love to cook or have commercial kitchen experience. This way, you’ll get useful info and advice from a variety of sources.
How We Choose the Best Lasagna Pans
First, we wanted to agree on a standard definition of lasagna. And also for the specialized pans that are used to cook a variety of recipes for these types of pasta.
Our objective is for our group to be on the same page as we try to identify the 10 best lasagna pans of 2020. By finalizing on a standard set of definitions, we’re also managing our expectations as we extensively research these things, our processes for testing the products that we focus on, and the decision-making systems that we use to finalize our roundup.
Second, we needed to know the most popular lasagna pans today. So we went to Amazon’s bestseller list for this particular product category. Then, we went to the social groups and online communities where we frequently hang out with our fellow foodies, kitchen lovers, pro chefs, and home cooks to talk about a variety of food and kitchen-related things.
Our objective in doing this is to develop a preliminary list of the most widely used and highly recommended lasagna pans this year. So we did just that, and we moved on to the next step in our process.
Third, we carefully studied the ratings and reviews left by many Amazon buyers all around the world for each of the lasagna pans that we included in our notes. We started from products on Amazon’s bestseller list with the highest ratings and largest number of reviews. Of course, we also studied negative reviews, in order to be as objective as possible while we tried to trim our shortlist down to more manageable proportions.
Plus, we asked for the insights and comments of our fellow members at the online communities and social groups where we regularly hang out. We also did this across our networks of relatives, peers, and colleagues. Again, our objective was to prune our shortlist down to the top lasagna pans today while being as objective as possible.
Fourth, we used the data that we gathered at this point to formulate guidelines for testing the products in our pruned shortlist. We also used our notes to develop a set of requirements for building a team of testers from our network of relatives, peers, and colleagues.
Our objective is to form a test group with the right combination of beginner to expert home cooks, pro chefs, foodies, and culinary specialists. This way, our test results would likely be able to represent many of the particular groups of people who are currently searching for the top lasagna pans of 2020. Meanwhile, we were also able to identify the most important factors to consider when trying to pinpoint the most suitable lasagna pans for your exact preferences and needs.
And fifth, the final step in our process was to test and collect our findings. Our goal was to finalize our roundup of the 10 best lasagna pans of the year.
So that’s what we did. Now let us take you through the results of the things that we did for each of these steps:
What is Lasagna?
Lasagnas are broad, flat types of pasta. They’re possibly the most aged pasta variants. Generally, it’s cooked and made with piled layers of pasta where a combination of sauces, meats, vegetables, or cheese are stacked on each layer.
When we talk about lasagna, it’s normal to start thinking of the stacked up layers of pasta with other ingredients like sauces, meat, vegetable, or cheese. This makes you think of how nice it will be to be able to make your own lasagna, exactly the way you want it, and in the right proportions of ingredients.
What are Lasagna Pans?
Making your lasagna at home could be the best thing that can happen to anybody that loves lasagna rather than ordering it from the nearest Italian restaurant. This will not only save money, but it will also save you the time you have to wait for it to be prepared when you order it from a nearby establishment.
The first item you will need to have is a lasagna pan if you want to learn how lasagnas are made. A lasagna pan is a necessary tool for mastering the art of perfecting lasagnas. Remember, they have a variety of distinct ingredients that need to be cooked well. Plus, its outer surface has to be cooked right. This can only be done by a lasagna pan, because of its rectangular structure and sufficient depth.
The lasagna pan has to go inside the oven and expose the lasagna to the flame inside. Because of this, it has to be able to withstand high degrees of temperature and heat.
Factors to Consider in a Lasagna Pan
- Size & Shape — As with many of the kitchen tools that you use to cook your recipes, the size and shape of a lasagna pan are a couple of the most crucial things that you should consider. Of course, it should fit into your oven, for one thing. And it really needs to be able to accommodate the capacity that you regularly serve when you bake your lasagna recipes. Otherwise, you’ll be using up more time than what’s needed as you prepare and cook multiple lasagna trays, one after the other, instead of just one pan. And aside from the shape being a vital factor when it comes to fitting it inside your oven, you would, of course, want to benefit from space-saving features as you place it in and around your kitchen after every use, wouldn’t you?;
- Safety Design & Food-Grade Materials — Obviously, nobody intentionally gets kitchen tools that can become fire hazards and could potentially cause a lot of accidents. So check the safety design features of a lasagna pan before considering to include it in your shortlist. Plus, all of us want to stay clear from health risks, especially when it comes to the food we prepare, cook, and serve. With this, ensure that only food-grade materials are used to manufacture the lasagna pans you’re interested in. Remember, some non-stick components of some kitchen tools and utensils have been found to contain harmful chemicals, plastics, and the like. These could easily mix in with your food, especially since a lasagna pan comes in direct contact with your pasta recipes. Also, there are pans that are made out of highly corrosive materials, which could contaminate your food without your knowledge. So stay away from these products;
- Form Factor Sturdiness & Durability — Imagine preparing and baking your lasagna recipe in a pan, waiting for it to finish cooking, then losing it all as it drops to the floor of your kitchen while you’re taking your pan out of your oven! That’s more likely to happen with a flimsy lasagna pan, even if you’re extra careful. So it’s of course in your best interest to find lasagna pans with a sturdy heft as you hold it, more so once it already contains your pasta recipes. Also, keep in mind that the durability of the materials used for your lasagna pans has direct effects on its sturdiness. Besides, you wouldn’t want to keep on replacing your lasagna pans time and again, especially if you could just find a brand that can last for a long time, right?;
- Heat Resistance — How do you like your lasagna? Some want it served al dente. Which is firm and chewy. Others prefer a bit of a crisp to their lasagna, especially when they prefer lots of veggies in their recipes, so they prepare it slightly faster than al dente cooking. And there are a few who want their lasagna a little bit softer and chewier than al dente, so they often cook it longer or at slightly higher temperatures. With this, it’s important to take note of the temperature range that a lasagna pan can withstand. Otherwise, you could end up ruining it after just a few uses;
- Cleanup & Maintenance — As mentioned earlier, many lasagna pans in our roundup of the top 10 products this year are integrated with a non-stick surface. This makes it quick and easy to take out your lasagna after it finishes baking. But what this can also offer is much faster and more convenient ways for you to clean it after every use. Other manufacturers equip dishwasher-safe features into their lasagna pans, so this is also something that you might want to look closer into;
- Additional Features — Some of the products in our list of the ten best lasagna pans this 2020 are integrated with value-added features. These include a design that makes it quicker and simpler for you to take out the lasagna from the pan while it’s still piping hot. Others are equipped with holders that can make it safer and more convenient for you to take the pan out from your oven and place it on your table as soon as it finishes baking. A few have non-slip mechanisms under the pan, preventing it from slipping away and falling to the floor after you place the pan on your table or countertop. Just keep in mind, some of these additional features won’t add significant benefits to your particular use case, so you’ll end up spending more money than what’s necessary as these added features tend to increase the prices of these products;
- Guarantees & Warranties — When a manufacturer guarantees food-grade materials, safety design, form factor sturdiness and durability for their products, then that’s something you should look closely at. But of course, you also need to confirm this for yourself. Nevertheless, many countries have government offices and private institutions that guarantee this for the products from local manufacturers, such as the FDA and the FTC in the USA. So don’t forget to check these accreditations. Plus, remember that a product that comes bundled with say a 1-year warranty is a testament to the results of its manufacturer’s thorough torture tests. Simply put, a 1-year warranty means the manufacturer’s test results indicate that their product can last for a year or more even with prolonged heavy use; and
- Price & Value-Added Benefits — Once you’ve pruned your shortlist of lasagna pans down to the best ones as you review the factors mentioned earlier, you should, of course, carefully compare the prices of each product that remains in your list. This way, you’ll be able to pinpoint the best deals in town today. But don’t forget that many manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and direct vendors offer promotional deals and bundle value-added benefits with their products. These can range from freebies like small kitchen utensils and recipe books to discount vouchers and coupons for their other kitchen products.
Now keep these factors in mind as you go through each of the products in our roundup. This can make it quicker and simpler for you to pinpoint the right lasagna pan to get for your kitchen today.
Do You Need a Lasagna Pan?
This question frequently popped up while we were developing our preliminary list of the most popular lasagna pans this year. Some of our fellow members at the online communities and social groups where we hang out also wanted to know this. Even several of the members in the test group that we formed for finalizing our roundup of the 10 best lasagna pans of the year weren’t sure they needed a lasagna pan for their kitchens.
And how we answered this as they inquired gave us more insight on how to include this as we publish our final roundup. Also, we realized that there’s no end-all-be-all answer to this question. That’s because each use case or situation needs to be objectively considered. So we went ahead and tackled the most common use cases to answer this question.
First, if you regularly prepare and cook lasagna recipes, then you’re sure to benefit from having the most suitable lasagna pans handy greatly. Just keep in mind to get the pans with a capacity that can accommodate the number of persons that you frequently serve. But if the number of your family members, friends, relatives, colleagues, and guests greatly varies from time to time, then you’re advised to get multiple lasagna pans in different shapes and sizes. This way, you won’t have problems with too many leftovers or too little servings. Though remember, you should, of course, ensure that the lasagna pans fit into your oven without issues.
Second, if you enjoy having lasagna for yourself or with a few guests that you have over from time to time, then you’ll also greatly benefit from having a few lasagnas pans handy. You can get a small one that’s designed for a small serving to best suit one or two persons, along with another couple or so pans with a larger capacity. This way, you’ll be able to prepare, cook, and serve lasagna when you need it with much ease and comfort.
Third, it won’t be too bad to have one or two lasagna pans handy in your kitchen, even if you rarely crave it. That’s because it doesn’t cost a fortune to get them, anyway. Plus, you’ll benefit from the ease and convenience that you’ll get when you use any of the most suitable products from our roundup of the ten best lasagna pans of 2020.
- Cooking and Baking: Finding Ingredient Substitutes
- Crispy Baked Tofu Nuggets Recipe: Tender Cubes of Tofu Coated in a Crispy Topping
- Simple Christmas Cookie Recipe
- Compassion in World Farming
- Best Cooking Oils to Use!
- 5 Best Thai Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Sabatier Knives for your Kitchen
- 10 Best Nonstick Cookware Sets for your Kitchen
- How to compare baking pans the right way
- Invite Your Family and Friends in for a Baking Party