Soup Thermos flasks are all about convenience. They make it quick and simple to always have piping hot servings of healthy, flavorful meat and vegetable soup. Remember, keeping soup hot for a long time isn’t as simple as it sounds.
With soup flasks, you have the option to conveniently retain the warmth of your soup recipes for the entire day. No need to tediously heat up your soup, which could also negatively affect its taste, and also the consistency of its ingredients. Now there are a lot of companies that produce these soup flasks out there. But there’s no denying that Thermos is one of the leading brands in the market today. They’ve been known to create some of the best and durable soup flasks for the past several decades.
There are different soup Thermos flasks with a variety of features. Some of them are the best at retaining the warmth of soup and other dishes. So we carried out our rigorous survey, extensive research and tests to come up with a list of the 3 best soup Thermos products in the market this year. And here are our top-rated selections:
Best Soup Thermos Review Center
|#1 - Thermos Stainless King 16-Ounce Food Jar ||94%|
|#2 - Thermos Funtainer 10-Ounce Food Jar ||92%|
|#3 - Thermos Stainless King 24-Ounce Food Jar ||92%|
#1 – Thermos Stainless King 16-Ounce Food Jar
The Thermos stainless king 16-ounce food jar is a popular model under the Thermos king series. Vacuum containment technology is integrated into this jar, making it very efficient in keeping soup hot all day. Also, our thorough tests told us that this soup Thermos product is quite durable. So you can take it outdoors without issues.
- This soup Thermos jar comes with a stainless steel folding spoon;
- It’s constructed with double-walled stainless steel;
- It comes with a lid that’s quite handy as a serving bowl; and
- It can accommodate up to 16 ounces of hot soup and other recipes.
- It’s 100% BPA (Bisphenol A)-free;
- Its vacuum containment technology helps retain hot and cold recipes for a long time;
- Has a beautiful and eye-catching design;
- Has a wide mouth that’s easy to fill and eat from; and
- This soup Thermos product is dishwasher safe.
#2 – Thermos Funtainer 10-Ounce Food Jar
Our extensive research and thorough tests also led us to this outstanding 10-ounce Thermos jar. And at the time of writing, this is Amazon’s choice for soup Thermos products. Even if it isn’t the biggest out there today, this soup Thermos performed perfectly well, thanks to Thermos’ vacuum containment technology. Plus, the results of our tests show that it performs really well in keeping soup hot for up to 5 hours.
- Thermos funtainer has a capacity of 10 ounces; and
- It’s made of durable stainless steel.
- This soup Thermos product is equipped with Thermos’ vacuum containment technology;
- It’s dishwasher safe;
- The Thermos container has a very wide mouth that’s easy to fill and eat from; and
- It has a great and attractive design and build.
#3 – Thermos Stainless King 24-Ounce Food Jar
We also couldn’t ignore this high-quality model under the Thermos king series. The Thermos Stainless King 24-Ounce food jar just performs amazingly well like the 16-ounce version, even if it’s almost twice as large. Not minding the fact that both of them belong to the same category though, we still carried out our tests and had to include it in our 3 best soup Thermos selections. That’s because of how great it performed. And a lot of our fellow foodies also highly recommended this product.
- It has a total capacity of 24 ounces; and
- It’s made of durable stainless steel, both inside and outside.
- It makes use of Thermos’ vacuum containment technology for optimum performance;
- It has a wide mouth that’s easy to fill and clean;
- It has a great design and build quality;
- It has a stopper, which makes it easy to pour out liquids without opening; and
- It’s dishwasher safe.
Soup Thermos Buyers Guide
When purchasing a Thermos product for your soup, your goal is to get one that’s great in every way —Quality, durability, and so much more. We’ve outlined the factors that we considered when selecting our choice for the best Thermos soup products, and you should definitely keep these in mind, too. This checklist can make it quicker and easier for you to choose the right one for your exact needs from our 3 best soup Thermos selections this 2020. So here you go:
What Factors Should You Consider to Get the Best Soup Thermos?
- Durability & strength — Of course, a soup Thermos product should be sturdy, strong, and durable. Especially if you intend to take it outdoors, or anywhere in and out of your house. That’s why considering a soup Thermos flask’s durability and strength is really essential. This helped us zone in on our 3 best soup thermos picks this year;
- Effectiveness in Retaining Temperature — This is pretty much the main purpose of a soup Thermos or food jar. So don’t forget this. There’s a wide variety of Thermos products, but only some of them have been proven to be better at retaining the temperature of food more effectively. Those are the ones you should definitely be going for. And this just became quicker and simpler for you as we’ve tested this across our shortlisted soup Thermos products;
- Appearance & Design — Yes, the main purpose of getting a soup Thermos flask is for storing food, but it should still look good, right? After all, you might want to take it with you at the office, school, or anywhere outdoors. Also, keep in mind that, in general terms, a product’s overall design often indicates the quality of its materials and production value;
- Size & Capacity — It doesn’t need to be as large as a cooler, but as long as it has a reasonable capacity to contain the preferred amount of food or drink you’ll be putting in a soup Thermos, then you’re recommended to consider it;
- Portability — This is among the first things that you’re advised to consider in a soup Thermos flask. Yes it should be durable, but this doesn’t mean it should also be too heavy for comfort. Remember, you’re likely to be lugging it around with you, indoors and outdoors. And this is why you’ll definitely want something that easily fits in your bag; and
- Price — This primarily depends on your budget and what you want. But you should understand that, in many cases (not all), cheaper products are usually of a little bit lower in quality. So hit the yellow button to get the best prices at Amazon for each of our 3 best soup Thermos selections this 2020.
Soup Thermos FAQs
What kind of products does Thermos make?
Thermos is one of the oldest leading brands that focus primarily on creating cooking and storage products. These include coolers and food containers that are available in many sizes and designs.
What does “thermos” mean?
Even though Thermos is a brand and doesn’t only revolve around creating flasks, the true meaning of the word “thermos” is actually a type of vacuum-sealed flask. This was originally invented by James Dewar.
Where is Thermos based?
Thermos is known to have a lot of facilities around the world. Even though it was founded in Germany, they’re presently headquartered in Chicago, USA.
Who owns Thermos?
Thermos was founded in Germany in 1904. The present owner is Taiyo Nippon Sanso K.K., which actually acquired the company in 1989.