What can you do with a tart pan? Basically, it’s designed to make it convenient for you to prepare tart shells, just the way you want it. Well now, isn’t that a mouthful? So let’s break it down.
Remember those tasty tart pies that you like to serve as snacks? Yeah, we love them, too. And a tart pan helps you prepare these pies. It makes things quicker and easier for you. So that’s when we really wanted to find the top 3 tart pans out there today.
We did a lot of work. We asked around. Our friends, relatives, and in-laws shared their recommendations. And they also told us about their experience in using a tart pan. So we learned a great deal about these products.
But of course, we didn’t just stop there. We used what we learned and what we already know. We shook out a shortlist from Amazon’s best-selling tart pans this 2021. And we spent a lot more time than usual in online foodie communities where we often hang out.
So we managed to prune our shortlist to a collection of 10 tart pans. But we wanted to cut this down further. So we thoroughly tested each product on our list. And here’s the summary of all the hard work we did to come up with our top 3 tart pan selections:
Best Tart Pan Review Center
|#1 - Fox Run 44513 Tart and Quiche Pan
|#2 - Wilton Excelle Elite Tart Pan and Quiche Pan
|#3 - CHEFMADE Tart Pan and Quiche Pan
Though why do we love these tart pans? Well, take a look at our detailed reviews. And just hit the yellow button to get the best price on Amazon!
#1 – Fox Run 44513 Tart and Quiche Pan
Fox Run is a trusted retailer of high-quality kitchen tools, utensils, and other appliances. This tart pan is one of their best one’s today. Their products are made out of food-grade components. And they use premium materials, too.
- This product is available in 4, 9 and 9-inch round designs;
- It also comes in 4, 11 and 14-inch rectangular variants;
- It’s made out of high-grade carbon steel;
- A removable bottom is equipped into this tart pan; and
- It also has a non-stick surface.
- Durable, food-grade carbon steel material;
- Quick dispensing and easy cleanup through its premium non-stick coating;
- Ideal tart and quiche browning, thanks to its even heat distribution design;
- Bottom conveniently drops out for fast cooling and removal process; and
- Comes bundled with a 5-year warranty.
#2 – Wilton Excelle Elite Tart Pan and Quiche Pan
A lot of our peers suggested we take a look at Wilton’s tart pans. And we weren’t disappointed with their tip. We found out they’re a reputable distributor of premium-grade products. And this tart pan is one of their most popular offerings today. It ended up in our 3 best tart pan selections this 2021, after carefully going through our checklist and thorough evaluations.
- This tart pan comes in 9 and 11-inch round variants;
- It also has an 11-inch rectangular version; and
- It’s made out of heavy-duty steel.
- Non-stick coating makes it quick and easy to dispense baked treats;
- Cleanup’s also a breeze, thanks to its dishwasher-safe feature and non-stick surface;
- Sturdy, food-grade construction design;
- Comes with a free recipe book; and
- Heavy-duty steel prevents warping and other deformities.
#3 – CHEFMADE Tart Pan and Quiche Pan
CHEFMADE regularly has most of its kitchen products listed on Amazon’s best-seller list. So when we spotted their popular tray pan in Amazon, we took a closer look. It passed our strict checklist verification process. And it also passed our extensive tests. So it now sits here as the top 3 product in our best tart pan collection this year.
- This product is made out of premium food-grade carbon steel;
- It comes in 6 different sizes to best suit your capacity requirements;
- These include 4, 7 and 9.5-inch rounded models;
- Rectangular variants are also available as 4 and 7-inch models;
- There’s also a heart-shaped 4-inch model, and just like their other 4-inch variants, this comes in packs of 4; and
- It’s in a classy champagne gold color design.
- It’s approved by the FDA for oven baking and food-grade material specifications;
- Easy cleanup and simple dispensing of freshly baked or re-heated tart pies, thanks to its non-stick coating;
- Removable bottom makes it much quicker and more convenient to cool down and serve your tart pies;
- Consumes less gas and maintains consistency of tart pies due to its Fast and even heat distribution design; and
- Feels sturdy and made out of strong, highly durable carbon steel that can last for a long time, even with prolonged heavy use.
Tart Pan Buyer’s Guide
Our research led us to some of our friends who didn’t even know what a tart pan’s used for. So we decided to share our checklist here. After all, it greatly helped narrow down our options. Plus, it gave us the chance to test what we learned, across a reasonable range of use cases. And now, these key factors were most significant to us:
What Makes a Tart Pan Suitable for Your Exact Needs?
- Steel and Carbon Steel Material — These tart pans are more durable. They have a sturdier form factor, too. Plus, they have removable bottoms. Well, at least many of them. And some have non-stick surfaces. They’re also dishwasher safe, and quite simple to use. So when you’re browsing through our 3 best tart pan selections, keep this in mind;
- Silicone Tart Pans — Almost all of these have a non-stick surface. They’re also super easy to use, and quite simple to clean. But many of these don’t come with removable bottoms. So consider if this tart pan material is what you want;
- Food-Grade Design — We obviously wouldn’t want any harmful contaminant to touch our food. So check if it’s approved by your government’s FTC or its equivalent in your country. What you wouldn’t want is stuff like BPA, lead, cadmium, and so on. Plus, melting plastics and rusting parts can’t be any good, of course;
- Removable Bottom — This feature helps you easily avoid any damage to the bottom of your tart pies. A lot of steel and carbon steel tart pans come with removable bottoms. On the other hand, not too many silicone pans have this;
- Non-Stick Surface — Having your tart shells and pies easily slide off your pans makes it simple to avoid ruining what you worked hard for. And this feature’s specifically designed to help you do this. Plus, don’t forget that it’s generally quicker and easier to clean tart pans with a non-stick cooking surface;
- Product Design — There are other vital design features. That’s aside from removable bottoms, food-safe components, and a non-stick surface. For example, size, shape, and number of molds are pretty important, right? Heaviness and sturdiness are also crucial. So don’t forget to think about this stuff;
- Capacity — Things can be quicker and easier for us when we keep this in mind. Imagine cooking and re-heating tart pies in batches, even when you could’ve easily done the same thing all at once. But remember, you’ll only be able to do that when you have a good estimate of the tart pies that you normally serve;
- Overall Look & Feel — These things often have a direct link to quality and durability. In many cases, the better it looks, the better it’s made. And also often, the sturdier it feels, the longer it lasts. But of course, also consider a tart pan with a color theme and style that matches your kitchen;
- Warranty & Other Guarantees — Something that doesn’t work for you shouldn’t take long to replace. And you should quickly and easily get your money back when a tart pan isn’t as advertised. Plus, it shouldn’t break down on you sooner than how you think the value of what you spent on it should last. More so, a product’s warranty tells you all about how its manufacturer tested it to last even with prolonged heavy use;
- Price — Again, this boils down to how you perceive value. That’s for both what the tart pan can do for you, and what the money you’ll spend means to you. Think about this when browsing our list of the 3 best tart pans this 2021; and
- Discounts & Other Incentives — Considering this can lead you to a much better deal. Many manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and vendors regularly run special promos. Amazon’s full of them. These are usually discount offers, freebies like other smaller kitchen tools and utensils, reward points, waived delivery fees, etc. So look around and check before you decide.
Tart Pan FAQs
What is a tart pan used for?
As its name suggests, these are used to prepare tart shells and pies. You can also re-heat them with this product. Its main cooking area is designed with molds in a certain size and shape, depending on your tart pan’s brand and model.
How does a tart pan work?
A tart pan’s molds are where you place your shells and pies. You can then place it in your oven to bake or reheat them. Silicone, steel, and carbon steel tart pans are designed to evenly distribute heat.
Is a silicone tart pan better than a steel one?
Each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. For example, Many steel and carbon steel tart pans have removable bottoms. But most silicone ones don’t have them. Meanwhile, silicone tart pans normally have a non-stick surface. Though some steel brands and models also have this feature. Plus, lots of our peers say silicone pans are much quicker and simpler to clean than steel pans. However, many of us also found it quick and easy to use and clean steel tart pans. So this relies on your particular use case and preferences.
Do you really need a tart pan?
If you and your loved ones really like tart pies, then we urge you to take a closer look at our top 3 selections. And if you’re looking to add more options to the snacks that you regularly serve, then we recommend you seriously consider getting one. Even if you’re a beginner when it comes to baking and serving these delicious treats, the right tart pan makes things quicker and easier for you.
Can I use a tart pan to bake other snacks?
You can use these pans to bake cupcakes and the like. Just remember, these pans are designed to bake tart shells and pies. So that means to consider the texture and consistency of what you plan to bake, and how different they are. For example, a cupcake generally requires lower temperatures and a faster bake time than tarts.