This is our carefully hand-picked list of the 3 best whiskey glasses this year. We of course wouldn’t want to use anything that can negatively affect the taste, flavor, and aroma of our favorite whiskey brands, right? Well, the wrong whiskey glasses can do that.
But the right ones won’t. And that’s why we were anxious to pinpoint the top whiskey glasses today!
We first consulted our friends who have been whiskey lovers for a long, long time now. Many of them are also wine connoisseurs. So we asked them about their favorite whiskey glasses. Obviously, we took note of their recommendations.
Then, we went to Amazon’s best-seller list for this particular category. Once we had a shortlist of the most popular products today with top ratings and many positive reviews, we evaluated each based on the suggestions of our whiskey expert peers. Afterward, we tested our trimmed down list. And here’s a brief summary of our extensive research, careful assessment, and thorough tests:
Whiskey Glasses Review Center
|#1 - Glencairn Whiskey Glass
|#2 - Venero Crystal Whiskey Glasses
|#3 - MOFADO Crystal Whiskey Glasses
Want to know why we chose these as the 3 best whiskey glasses this year? Head on over to our detailed reviews below. And as soon as you’re ready, just click the yellow button to get the best prices in Amazon today!
#1 – Glencairn Whiskey Glass
You can already tell that this whiskey glass is a big deal just by its shape alone. In fact, these aren’t just your ordinary whiskey glasses — It has won the prestigious 2006 Queen’s Award for Innovation. So much so that these particular whiskey glasses were dubbed as ‘The Official Whiskey Glass’ by the public. This product is very safe to drink your favorite liquor from, as it is lead-free.
- Made from lustrous and transparent crystal
- Has an elegant yet short base stand
- Comes in a set of four
- Weighs 13.4 lbs.
- Has a measurement of 4.5 x 4.5 x 4.5 inches
- Has an elegant look, and makes an excellent birthday, wedding, or housewarming gift.
- Can hold over 2 ounces of liquor, while a full glass is over 7 ounces.
#2 – Venero Crystal Whiskey Glasses
Venero is a reputable manufacturer of world-class whiskey glasses. Their total confidence in their products is backed by their lifetime warranty. Made out of unleaded premium crystal, they guarantee that their whiskey glasses won’t easily chip nor break for a lifetime, unlike other products in the market today. Plus, the design they integrate into their whiskey glasses and packaging makes this a classy gift for your loved ones.
- Each glass weighs around 4.74 lbs.
- Measures 3.75 x 3.75 x 3.75 inches
- Made from the clearest and most lustrous glass available
- Can hold over 10 oz. of whiskey
- Better value for money
- Glass is made from the best quality crystal.
- The thick sides and base are very durable and won’t break. The same thickness also helps maintain your drink’s coldness.
- Is packaged inside a beautiful satin-lined presentation box. Makes an excellent gift for friends or relatives for holidays or birthdays, or any other special occasion
- The shape adds a bit of elegance to your dining table and will be a topic of conversation at parties
#3 – MOFADO Crystal Whiskey Glasses
Just a single look at Mofodo’s whiskey glasses and you can already tell that they made plenty of effort into making these. These whiskey glasses are crafted by Mofodo’s team and follow the rules set by the United States Patent and Trade Office. Each glass weighs over a pound, so you can truly feel the quality of the glass as you sip your favorite whiskey. All of their whiskey glasses are completely hand-blown from the best kind of ultra-clear, lead-free crystal giving them utmost brilliance and pure clarity.
- Each glass weighs 1.01 lbs.
- Measures 3.44 x 3.44 x 3.82 inches
- Has a thicker bottom to accommodate larger ice cubes
- Can hold over 12 ounces of your favorite drink
- Hand-blown from the best and clearest lead-free crystal
- Carries a sophisticated and classic design.
- Makes for an excellent gift for dads, husbands, brothers, or friends, etc.
- Has a large capacity and can carry plenty of liquor.
- In case you’re not happy with your whiskey glasses, you can give them back and Mofodo will give you a refund.
- Also perfect for other liquor such as bourbon, rum, scotch, etc. as well as cocktail drinks like Manhattans.
Whiskey Glasses Buyer’s Guide
To identify which whiskey glasses were the best, we had to carefully evaluate each product in our shortlist based on several factors. These included the price of the whiskey glasses, the overall appearance, the amount of liquor it can hold, and the material it’s made out of. We admit some of these glasses did place a rather large dent on our wallets, but perhaps it was all worth it in the end. The aforementioned three whiskey glasses on our list were chosen out of a list of twenty.
What Makes a Whiskey Glass Suitable For Your Needs?
- Appearance — As you can tell, some of the whiskey glasses on our list were very elegant. The appearance does matter when it comes to picking a good whiskey glass. The look is further accentuated once a drink has been poured in. And when it’s perched on your countertop or being held in your palm, the aura, clarity, and form of the whiskey glass can enhance the whole drinking experience.
- Feel — The size, weight, and grip of the glass are all factors here. If you have fragile wrists or small hands, pick a whiskey glass that isn’t too heavy, or made from heavy crystal. A solid base on the bottom of the glass also helps. Simply put, the ‘feel’ here is referred to how the glass feels inside your hand.
- Drinkability — This refers to how easy it is for you to drink from the whiskey glass. This isn’t just about plain old chugging or taking shots — Drinking whiskey has an art form to it as well. Naturally, the glass itself contributes to the drinkability of not just whiskey, but also with other hard liquor such as rum or gin or scotch. The thickness, slope, and curvature of the glass’ brim are all factors here.
- Nosing Capability — This is perhaps one of the more important factors in regards to picking a good whiskey glass. It’s a reference to how easy it is for you to properly smell your whiskey drink. The shape of the glass, paired with its curvature, will help you figure out if there’s good nosing. A whiskey connoisseur’s taste buds are the second most important thing when it comes to evaluating the taste of whiskey.
- Cup Mouth — This is split into the open-cup and internal-cup type. For cup-ins, it’s much easier for the glass to gather around the aroma that the whiskey releases. This lets you easily feel the impact and intensity of the aroma itself, and can further heighten to the full power of several flavors in the whiskey. An open-cup glass weakens the impact of the aroma itself, letting you feel the changes in the flavor and smell of the drink.
- Cross-Section — This is about the contact area between the air and liquor surrounding the whiskey. It determines the oxidization rate of the drink itself. The quicker the oxidization, the stronger the sense of taste and smell, and the softer the sense it will be. This will also affect the development of the entire tasting experience for whiskey.
Whiskey Glasses FAQs
What is the difference between whiskey, bourbon, and scotch?
As its name suggests, scotch is made from Scotland. Meanwhile, bourbon is made in the USA — Specifically, Kentucky. Scotch is usually made from malted barley, while bourbon comes from corn. The difference between whiskey and bourbon is that once the spirit is distilled, the whiskey goes through a filter made from sugar-maple charcoal, providing it with a somewhat sweeter taste. Bourbon is only distilled through oak barrels.
Does whiskey age once it’s been placed in the bottle?
No, it doesn’t. Whiskey only ages within the cask. For instance, a whiskey that’s been aging for over 10 years means that it’s been stored inside the barrel for over a decade, and then bottled. This is contrary to wine, which the year that it’s been placed in the bottle won’t matter too much in regards to the taste. This will also determine the whiskey’s taste, as well as its strength, as it adjusts to the spirit’s flavor.
Why is choosing a whiskey glass important?
Selecting the right whiskey glass for you can help improve your enjoyment as a whiskey drinker. There ia a style and shape for all whiskey fans. These can go from the official Glencairn whiskey glass to the simple snifter glass. And what’s more, these glasses make an excellent gift, no matter if you’re a drinker or not.
Does glassware really matter when it comes to drinking whiskey?
Yes, as your choice in whiskey glasses will actually influence the tastes and smells you perceive. For drinking whiskey, you would want to pick a glass that’ll concentrate vapors, letting you smell the whiskey. This might sound a bit snooty and pretentious, but believe us, it really does make a difference here. The most basic sensation of any drink — Whether it’s alcoholic or not — Is a mixture of the smell and taste.