An electric can opener helps us along with many of our friends and loved ones to avoid accidental cuts, injuries, and the like. But another benefit that we really like is the speed and convenience that electric can openers provide. Besides, it’s quite cool to have one in the kitchen. So here’s our list of this year’s 3 best electric can opener products.
While zoning in on our 3 top-rated selections, several of our friends, family members, colleagues, co-workers, and fellow kitchen lovers helped us along the way. What we did at first was to go to Amazon, other heavily trafficked shopping networks, and to the online communities where we regularly discuss cooking-related topics with our fellow home cooks, pro chefs, and passionate foodies. Our objective was to know the most popular brands today. We also built a diverse team of testers because almost anyone needs to use an electric can opener from time to time.
The results of our extensive research, surveys, and discussions helped us populate a shortlist of 20 top-rated electric can opener brands and models. Meanwhile, the results of our thorough tests led us to these 3 best electric can opener products:
Best Electric Can Opener Review Center
|Image||Electric Can Opener||Rating|
|#1 - Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener ||99%|
|#2 - BALYWOOD Electric Can Opener ||96%|
|#3 - AmazonBasics Electric Can Opener ||93%|
All the work we did and the time we spent pointed us to these top 3 electric can opener brands and models. Learn all about our findings and insights from our comprehensive reviews below. And as soon as you’re ready, just click the yellow button to get the best price on Amazon today!
#1 – Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener
Cuisinart is known for its wide range of premium-grade kitchen products. This includes pans, rice cookers, coffee makers, etc. Their CCO-50BKN electric can opener comes with a sleek and elegant chrome accent and a lovely contour. You can operate this product with just a single touch. And it works perfectly, without putting in too much effort in opening cans. The features include a patented Power Cut blade and a magnetic lid holder, which is connected to the can opener’s detachable lever.
- The product measures 5.87 x 6 x 10.87 inches;
- This product weighs a little over 2.54 lbs.;
- This comes in 4 colors, including standard black, silver, white, and stainless steel; and
- This model has a power cord with a length of over 36 inches.
- This electric can opener comes with a handy Power Cut blade;
- It works with a single touch, which is very handy, especially if you have arthritis or joint pains like a few of us;
- It’s quite compact and easy to clean;
- Its activation lever is easily removable;
- Our test results show that this product can open just about any can we gave it; and
- It’s powered by Cuisinart’s carefully engineered motor system.
#2 – BALYWOOD Electric Can Opener
BALYWOOD’s electric can opener is a great product and a perfect kitchen tool for every home. It’s very modern-looking, not to mention sleek and stylish. It can correctly latch itself unto any can, and open it in a matter of seconds. The product’s blade cuts around the can and doesn’t leave any dangerous and sharp edges that you would normally get when using a regular can opener. The lack of sharp edges makes this can opener excellent for those with hand pain or arthritis, as they won’t have to put too much effort in opening the can.
- Powered by 2 AA batteries (Not included when you purchase the product);
- This unit comes with a recessed blade and metal casing, with a magnet and battery compartment; and
- It measures 6.7 x 2.9 x 2.1 inches.
- Very safe and easy to use — Just push its button, and it’ll do all of the work;
- According to our tests, this is the best can opener for those with chronic hand pain;
- Doesn’t produce loud whirring sound while in use;
- It can open up cans of any size; and
- Highly convenient operating procedures.
#3 – AmazonBasics Electric Can Opener
This is an electric can opener that works nicely on standard-sized cans. The product comes equipped with a strong stainless-steel blade that can open up any can without snags – The whole process is smooth and safe. And once the can have been opened, the product automatically switches off and releases the can, so battery power isn’t wasted. The bottom of the product comes with a strong, non-slip base that helps keep the product locked into place when you set it right on your countertop or table.
- With the exception of its blade, this can opener is purely constructed from plastic;
- Measures 4.4 x 4.35 x 8.04 inches;
- Weighs 2.03 lbs.;
- Produced by AmazonBasics, made in the USA; and
- It also comes with its own user manual.
- Has a magnetic lid holder, which stops the lid from falling into the can;
- The product itself has a sleek and modern look and feel, with a compact design;
- Plastic-based housing is both strong and durable;
- Very convenient when preparing meals; and
- It also opens cans very quickly, letting you save both time and effort during meal preparation.
Electric Can Opener Buyer’s Guide
There were many factors that we considered when it came to purchasing a good electric can opener. As mentioned, we conducted tons of research when it came to determining who comes out on top of this list. These factors include the material that the product is made of and the amount of time and effort that it took to open up a can. We also calculated the pricing and the overall appearance of the electric can opener. While testing these products, we realized that we much preferred battery-operated electric can openers than corded ones.
What Makes an Electric Can Opener Suitable for Your Exact Needs?
- It should be able to open a can — That is obviously the main objective of an electric can opener. You might be surprised to learn that there are loads of regular and electric can openers out there that are unable to do this simple task. And if you fall victim to one of these can openers, then it’ll be a huge waste of time and money;
- Electric can openers must be easy to operate — The reason why electric can openers exist is that they want to make opening cans easier compared to regular can openers. There should be no complex steps in regards to opening up a can;
- Can openers should be well-made — It shouldn’t feel flimsy when you’re holding it. If your electric can opener is handheld, then you should feel comfortable when holding it. Meanwhile, in the case of electric can openers, it shouldn’t tip over from the can’s weight;
- It should be resistant to rust — Certain cans contain liquid inside. So it’s always great if your electric can opener is resistant to corrosion, meaning it has to be composed of stainless steel. Another possible danger is bits of rust falling from the can opener and getting into your food;
- Cutting wheel should not touch the food — This prevents the risk of cross-contamination. A good electric can opener must be able to cut through the side of the can, and not the top; and
- Your electric can opener must be able to open all shapes and sizes of standard cans — This includes square cans (Spam), oblong cans from canned ham, or the average round cans for sauce and sardines. It should also be able to open up pull-and-pop cans, like the ones from soda or beer cans.
Electric Can Opener FAQs
What is the difference between a manual can opener and an electric can opener?
An electric can opener works in the same way as the standardized manually-operated type of can opener. However, the main difference here is that an electric can opener does all the work for you. When you use an electric can opener, you can start emptying the contents of your can and cook or drink them right away. Sometimes electric can openers are battery-operated, while others will require plugging the cord into an outlet for it to work.
How does an electric can opener work?
In most electric can openers, you can find a lever or a button that you need to switch or press on to work. Beneath the lever, you will find a small blade on top of small gear. Place the lip of the can beneath the blade, then push the lever down to hold it in place to switch it on. The gears will start turning around once the lever has been pushed down, with the blade automatically cutting the lid. After the can opener stops working, you may now lift it and remove the lid of the can.
How should I clean my electric can opener?
You need to check first if the blade can be removed. If you can, then try to take it out very carefully, before washing the opener with soap and a sponge. You can still clean it the same way if the blade cannot be removed — But you need to mind your fingers when applying soap to that area.
Are electric can openers better for people with arthritis?
Yes, it can be — Arthritis means you have weakness and pain in your joints, especially the hands, fingers, and wrists. But if you do have arthritis, we suggest purchasing an electric can opener that doesn’t require you to turn or hold the can or keep it pressed down for the opener to work. Some of them work automatically to turn the can, so you don’t have to use your hands for it to operate.
- What is the Most Crucial Feature of a Muffin Pan?
- Tips for Saving Money on Fresh Bakery and Deli Goods
- Frosted Glass Backsplash Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Easy To Maintain
- Amazing Salad Dressing Recipe
- 5 Best KitchenAid Cookware for your Kitchen
- Uline Commercial Ice Maker (B07215SQ3Q)
- 5 Best Pastas for your Kitchen
- Make Amazing Italian Dishes with Barilla Italian Baking Sauce
- Gift Tips for Baking Beginners
- How to Know If Pork Has Spoiled