Oysters are said to be an aphrodisiac, and there have even been numerous studies on whether or not these tasty little morsels can actually affect libido. While there’s no concrete proof that thisoyster recipe will make your lover swoon, he or she will definitely be impressed that you prepared something special!
If you want to make the presentation extra special, put down a blanket and serve these oysters, warm from the oven, along with a sliced baguette and a special bottle of wine. A romantic picnic can be indoors or out, depending on the weather. Light a candle or two (but never leave them unattended!) and your mood is set.
Garnish the oysters with lemon wedges and fresh parsley sprigs, and make sure you have plenty of napkins on hand.
Baked Oysters With Garlic
- 12 fresh oysters, shucked and rinsed well
- 3 tablespoons butter + 1 teaspoon for greasing casserole dish
- 1 clove garlic, minced with the best garlic press
- 1/2 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Butter a small casserole dish, or for individual servings use ramekin dishes. Set aside.
In a small skillet, melt the butter. Add garlic and breadcrumbs and saute over medium heat until mixture is golden and slightly crumbly. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley. Spoon mixture over oysters and sprinkle with parmesan.
Bake oysters in the preheated oven until bubbly and lightly browned – about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 2 servings, 6 oysters each.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Make Delicious Olive Oil Cheese Rollups
- A Few Tricks to Make Your Cake Look Like It Was Made in a Bakery
- Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Review
- Christmas Cookie Baking Holiday Tradition
- Baked Acorn Squash: Short and Sweet
- How to Get Great Taste from a Turkey Cooker No Oil Required
- 5 Best Farberware Cookware for your Kitchen
- 3 Best Teriyaki Sauce Brands (2020 Guide)
- 10 Best Popcorn Kernels for your Kitchen
- Make Delicious Pasta with Baked Tuna and Cheese for Your Family Dinner