No bake cookies are a favorite at my house. They are really easy to make and I always have the ingredients on hand. If you are looking for a sugar free version, you can find it here. Follow these easy directions to make them yourself.
You will need the following:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 stick of oleo or butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups oatmeal (approx)
- wax paper
First you will mix together the sugar, cocoa, oleo, and evaporated milk on the stove top. Turn the heat to medium and keep stirring it until it gets to a rolling boil. Then boil it for one minute while stirring and move it off the heat.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Next add in the vanilla and peanut butter both. You will then stir it up really well as the peanut butter melts into the mixture.
Then you will add your oatmeal. I add a little at a time so it is easy to stir. Just keep adding oatmeal and stirring until you get it very thick. You can tell when it is enough because it will stick together and not be runny at all anymore.
Last take a spoon and drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto waxed paper. Let the cookies sit up for about an hour and they will get hard. Enjoy!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 10 Best Kitchen Scales for your Kitchen
- How to Cook Chicken on a Smoker
- Easy Drop Cookies
- 10 Best Meat Thermometers Review & Rating (2020)
- Easy-to-Make Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie: Holiday Baking Recipes
- 5 Best Cappuccino Machines for your Kitchen
- The 5 Best Pizzelle Maker Reviews And Comparison 2020
- Making Your Baking Healthier
- 10 Best Pressure Cookers for Your Kitchen
- Hamilton Beach Programmable Bread Machine Review