I don’t know where I first tried these quick easy treats or where the recipe came from, but I do know that since I have been an adult I have made many batches of these and my kids and I enjoy them. I like the fact that although they have light corn syrup in them, they also have peanut butter and corn flakes in them so they are a healthier snack option than candy or snackcakes.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
These snacks are called cookies, but I just consider them an easy snack that has some nutritional value to them and that are a food that I can make from items that I keep in the pantry at all times, so whenever the kids ask for them I can throw a batch together. The entire process probably takes less than 15 minutes and is an easy recipe to clean up too. They require four steps so it is a simple recipe that even kids can make on their own. These sweet, chewy treats are a nice afternoon snack or a nice snack to add to the lunchbox.
No- Bake Cornflake Cookies
- 7 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 12 ounces peanut butter
- Heat the corn syrup and sugar to boiling, while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, mixing well.
- Add cornflakes and stir until flakes are well coated with peanut butter mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto foil and let cool.
These are fun to make and fun to eat. The next time you need a quick snack, try these.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- BEAMNOVA Commercial Ice Maker (B074PR1P4Z)
- My Favorite Thanksgiving Candies
- Should Cabinets Match Throughout the House?
- Easy 4 Ways for Reheating Tamales
- Hearty Aromas of Homemade Pumpkin Recipes
- The Italian French Baking Company in San Francisco, California
- Great Recipes for Grilling with Lean Beef
- 5 Best Casserole Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Common Mistakes of Cookie-Baking Rookies
- Gluten-Free Baking Secrets