Oven Baked Chicken Wings are the ultimate comfort food that can be easily made at home. This is a classic recipe, that is ready in about one hour from start to finish. Give it a try, and you will never make baked chicken wings any other way! They are crispy, delicious, and simply irresistible! Also, don’t forget about the instant pot whole chicken: is juicy, tender, and incredible easy to make.
I like to keep my oven-baked chicken wings simple, and use only a few ingredients. For a full meal, I suggest serving them along some oven baked potatoes, and dip them in homemade buffalo sauce.
This is an easy, yet one of the best appetizer or meal options out there. If you hold a party, or larger gathering, this recipe is a must-try!
Unlike the deep-fried wings, this version is on a healthier side. At the same time, the wings are crispy and flavorful. Also, you can adjust the spices based on your preference. I have tried many variations of different methods for baked wings, but I still believe this recipe beats all of them.
What do you need to make chicken wings?
As stated above, I like to keep this recipe simple. However, if you want to add extra herbs to them, feel free to include your favourite spices as well. You will need the following ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1.5 teaspoons of chili powder (for a spicier version, use more)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- About 2 pounds of chicken wings
How to make the best Oven Baked Chicken Wings?
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Then, in a medium-size bowl, combine the olive oil, with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well to combine the herbs with the olive oil. After, add the chicken wings, so that the wings are fully coated.
- Once coated, arrange the poultry on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and let it cook until crisp.
How long do you cook chicken wings in the oven?
I like to cook them until they get a nice golden brown color. The cooking time at 400 degrees F will be about 40-45 minutes. Just make sure to keep an eye on them, not to overcook. Also, if you want to cook them at 425 degrees F, then the cooking time should be reduced to about 35 minutes.
How do you make chicken wings crispy?
Because they are coated with olive oil, and by cooking them at higher temperature (400 degrees F), the wings will become very crispy. The trick is always to cook at higher temperature (400 degrees F or even higher). If you decided to cook them at higher temperature, the cooking time should be reduced accordingly.
Can you make chicken wings ahead of time?
Absolutely! Although I highly recommend serving them warm, right after cooking, you can definitely make them ahead and refrigerate for 2-3 days. You can reheat them using a microwave for a few minutes, or by quickly popping them into the hot oven for about 5 minutes.
Can frozen chicken wings be baked?
I would not recommend to cook frozen poultry right away. The end result will not taste the same. It is always recommended to thaw the meat first, and then cook it.
- As stated above, feel free to swap the herbs. You can add your favorite ones, or adjust the heat level as desired.
- To make a larger batch, you will have to adjust (increase) the ingredients accordingly.
- Also, to save time, you can buy wings that are already split and separated, and ready to cook.
- Coating the wings in olive oil prior to cooking is ideal to get that crispy texture.
- This recipe can be used for chicken drumsticks as well.