Peas are the ultimate convenience food. Drop them in green salads, puree them in split pea soup or just eat them frozen right out of the bag. This crunchy pea salad recipe goes well with chicken breasts with wine and scalloped potatoes with cheese.
Pea Salad Recipe
- 1 10 oz. package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (Here are some great onion choppers for you!)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup Spanish peanuts
Combine first five ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate 2 hours. Before serving, stir in peanuts.
Per serving: 158 calories, 9 g fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein, 17% Vitamin A, 12% Vitamin C, 7% calcium, 7% iron
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Banana Bread Muffins are a Whole Lot of Fun
- Tips And Tricks That Will Help You When Cooking and Baking
- 5 Best Vacuum Marinators for your Kitchen
- How to Adjust When You Bake at High Altitudes
- Amazing Pasta Dishes You Can Make Easily at Home
- Happybuy Commercial Ice Maker (B07LG82F81)
- Can You Freeze Jello?
- How to Prepare Pie with Apples
- Make Seasonal Apple Recipes
- Oven Baked Dutch Apple Pancake Recipe