Peanut butter lovers unite! This is the best and most buttery, soft, and melt in your mouth cookie recipe ever. This one has been in our family for years. I think my husband may have married me for my cookie recipes alone. Get yourself a big glass of milk and lets get baking!
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
In Large Bowl (Wet Ingredients):
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter (soft)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
In Medium Bowl (Dry Ingredients):
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Garnish Suggestions (optional):
- Cinnamon and/or sugar (sprinkle on top prior to baking)
- Large chocolate morsels (press one into center of each cookie prior to baking)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on non-stick cookie sheet. Take the prongs of a fork and slightly press down onto the top of each cookie ball to smash slightly. Turn the fork sideways and repeat making a “criss cross” pattern. Sprinkle tops of cookies with cinnamon and/or sugar. Bake for 7 minutes. Cool completely before removing from cookie sheet. Cookies are best slightly undone. Do not over cook. If desired, you can skip the criss cross and sugar and press a large chocolate morsel into the center of each cookie ball prior to baking. Yumm!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 3 Best Chopsticks for your Kitchen
- Nutmeg – Origin, Uses, Tips
- 5 Best Canned Pizza Sauce for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Haitian Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Stress Free Christmas Baking Tips
- 5 Best Smoked Salmon for your Kitchen
- How to Best Reheat Ribs
- 5 Best Shun Knives for your Kitchen
- 3 Fall-Inspired Healthy Juice Recipes
- Time to Get the Apple Crunch Baking