Fall is finally here and it’s time to get the apple crunch baking. I recently went out to my local apple orchard and got Haralson apples for this delicious tasting and smelling recipe. This is one of my mom’s recipe’s that I make every year, usually several times in the fall.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
- 10 cups sliced apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tbls flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Put into a greased 9 X 13 pan
Recommended reading: Best Apple Peelers
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups oats (old fashion)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup butter ( softened)
- 1 cup shortening
Mix together then spread over apples and bake in 375 degree oven for 40 to 60 minutes, when the sides are a golden brown it’s ready to come out of the oven. Serve it with your favorite ice cream or just by itself is a real treat. The warm smell of the apples baking is enough to bake this time in time again.
If you can’t find Haralson apples, any firm apple will do. Cortland or McIntosh are some other great apples for baking. I have tried green apples and have found them to tart for this recipe.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 10 Best Fillet Knife for Your Kitchen
- Cooking with Thyme
- Advantages of Playing in Online Casinos
- Handmade Chocolate Bowl For Fruit or Gifts: Simple to Make Impressive Centrepiece Basket of Rich Cocoa
- 5 Best Cheese Platters for your Kitchen
- 5 Best WearEver Cookware for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Yoshihiro Knives for your Kitchen
- Insider Tips for Wedding Cake Baking: Hints for Making Homemade Professional Cakes
- Baked Lentil and Couscous Loaf: How to Make a Healthy and Delicious Vegetarian Main Course
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Fruit and Cream Cookies