Fall is finally here and it’s time to get the apple crunch baking. I recently went out to my local apple orchard and got Haralson apples for this delicious tasting and smelling recipe. This is one of my mom’s recipe’s that I make every year, usually several times in the fall.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
- 10 cups sliced apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tbls flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Put into a greased 9 X 13 pan
Recommended reading: Best Apple Peelers
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups oats (old fashion)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup butter ( softened)
- 1 cup shortening
Mix together then spread over apples and bake in 375 degree oven for 40 to 60 minutes, when the sides are a golden brown it’s ready to come out of the oven. Serve it with your favorite ice cream or just by itself is a real treat. The warm smell of the apples baking is enough to bake this time in time again.
If you can’t find Haralson apples, any firm apple will do. Cortland or McIntosh are some other great apples for baking. I have tried green apples and have found them to tart for this recipe.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- How To Clean A Popcorn Machine
- Peanut Blossoms
- T-Fal Professional Non-Stick Frying Pan
- Should You Use Paper Holders for Your Muffins if You’re Baking Them on Nonstick Pans?
- 10 Best Electric Knife Sharpeners of 2020
- 5 Best Microwave Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Simple Steps to Better Baking
- 10 Best Electric Frying Pans for Your Kitchen (2020)
- NuWave Bravo XL Air Fryer Oven
- Healthy Chicken with Seasonal Fall Vegetables: Fall’s Best Baked Chicken to warm you inside and out