When I want to make the most decadent brownies ever, I turn to this recipe. The combination of dense, creamy brownies topped with a peanut butter frosting, then a crisp chocolate topping has to be tasted to be believed.
Make sure that you use crisp rice cereal flakes, not just plain crisp rice cereal. The flakes stay crispy, while the plain cereal doesn’t keep its crunch.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
These bars need to be cut with a very sharp knife; store them covered at room temperature for up to 5 days. If they last that long!
Crispy Peanut Brownies
- 1 (20 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal flakes
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownies according to package directions, using 1/2 cup melted butter, water, and eggs. Spread in greased 13×9″ pan and bake for 25 minutes, no longer. Cool on wire rack.
In small bowl, combine frosting and 1/2 cup peanut butter; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
In medium bowl, combine chocolate chips and 1 cup peanut butter. Microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes; remove and stir until smooth. Add cereal and peanuts; stir to coat. Spoon and spread cereal mixture over frosting. Cover and chill in fridge until set, then cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- How to compare baking pans the right way
- 5 Best Kamikoto Knives for your Kitchen
- The Masterbuilt 20100809 Oil-Free Electric Turkey Fryer and Roaster Review
- 10 Best Onion Choppers for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Casserole Bakeware Sets for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Canned Garbanzo Beans for your Kitchen
- What Does Box of Cake Mix Contain?
- A Few Tricks to Make Your Cake Look Like It Was Made in a Bakery
- Bison Bolognese over Crispy Goat Cheese Polenta
- Key Lime Pie or Dip – No Refrigeration or Baking