Whether you enjoy a muffin for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or for a treat after a meal this quick and easy recipe will make sure that anytime is the right time. All that is needed is a few simple baking items and a muffin pan. There is a short baking time but no special utensils will be needed.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Total Prep Time
The preparation time is about 8 minutes. With the 20 minutes for baking, these cherry muffins are ready in less than thirty minutes. Throughout the directions for preparing the cherry muffins, cutting the cherries will be the most time consuming. The cherries can be chopped as finely as desired. The size of the cherries will not change the baking times. If in syrup, some of this can be used as well.
Recommended reading: Best Cherry Pitters
Cherry Muffin Recipe
Serving size: between 8 – 12 depending on how the muffin cups are filled
Pre-heat oven to 375
Grease muffin pan or line with muffin cups
- 1- cup cherries (cut as desired)
- ½- teaspoons salt
- 1- tablespoon baking powder
- 2- cups all purpose flour
- ½- cup sugar
- 3/4- teaspoon cinnamon sugar (or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 1- egg
- 1- cup whole milk
- 1/2 – teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½- cup butter (melted)
*not necessary but if you have the syrup from the cherries-typically when in a jar or can*
- 2- teaspoons syrup
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, baking powder, flour, sugar, and cinnamon sugar (or cinnamon) together. Mix well with a hand mixer for 1-2 minutes
- Add cherries and mix for another minute.
- In another bowl, combing the egg, milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter. (Cherry syrup can be added at this point as well).
- Combine the egg mixture with the baking powder bowl and mix for 2 to 3 minutes. This can be completed by hand with a whisk or fork.
- The mixture is now ready for your muffin pan. The pan should be greased or lined with muffin cups. The oven should be pre-heated to 375. Bake for 20 minutes. (Depending on the oven, an additional five minutes may be needed). Allow a few minutes to cool before serving.
By using these five simple steps it is easy to prepare delicious cherry muffins. Other flavors can be substituted in place of the cherries. Fresh or frozen fruits work equally well. Frozen fruits will add some additional minutes to the prep time of this recipe.
For a change of pace from a hot dessert, homemade ice cream cakes or chocolate-peanut butter parfaits are more, easy recipes that can be prepared quickly.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!