Well aren’t you special. You have a crush on someone and you want to make them a heart shaped cookie for Valentines Day. You want to make one of those big ones not small ones. The trickiest part about making a heart shaped cookie is finding a heart shaped cookie cutter that big. I use card board covered in aluminum foil to form the border of the heart.
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Presses
1) First gather your supplies. Make from-scratch cookie mix, cardboard, cooking spray, cookie sheet with rim, Squeezable icing, and squeezable frosting.
2) Preheat your oven to 295° Do not use frozen cookie mix because you will not be able to form it. It is best to mix your own batter using the recipe off of the Nestle Tollhouse Semi-Sweet chocolate morsels bag. Once you mix all the ingredients together the batter should be fairly formable if you keep it a room temperature. You can use a hand mixer for this.
3) Cut the cardboard into two strips about 14 inches long 1 inch wide. Coat the strips in aluminum foil.
5) Push your cookie batter into the hart shaped form and make sure it is evenly distributed in a thin layer.
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Cookbooks
6) Bake in the oven for 12 minutes but start checking it every 2 minutes. Remove it once the whole heart has a golden glow to it. Let it cool on the best cooling rack and then put in the best compact refrigerator for an hour or until completely cooled.
7) Decorate the outside edge with the squeezable frosting. If you cannot find squeezable frosting, you can make your own. Take a container of store bought frosting at room temperature and place all into a large plastic ziplock-like bag. Now cut a small hole in the corner. Squeeze lightly at the top forcing the frosting to out from the tip. You can practice applying the frosting before you put it on the cookie to make sure you get used to the flow and how to make it look nice. You can decorate it how you want, with flowers, stars or sprinkles.
8) Use the squeezable icing to write happy Valentine’s Day enter your sweetheart’s name.
The only thing left to do is to deliver your gift. If you are trying to win that person over then this will surely do the trick.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best T-fal Cookware Sets for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Cuisinart Pressure Cookers for your Kitchen
- How Children Can Start Their Own Cookbook Video Diary
- The Best Feta Cheese Substitutes
- 5 Best Butcher Chopping Blocks for your Kitchen
- Tips for Baking the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Best Refrigerant Recovery Machines (2020 Guide)
- Recipes for Flavorful Fried Tofu and Tofu Soup
- Oatmeal-raisin No Sugar Cookies
- Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Dessert Bar Review