Gajar halwa, or carrot halwa, is a popular Indian dessert that I like to make for Halloween, its little like a pudding, with a beautiful carrot color and aroma.
- 4 servings
- 1 pound Carrots, grated
- 3 cups skim milk
- Sugar – 6 tablespoons (7 g) spoon-able sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- In a deep saucepan , heat canola oil. Add grated carrots and fry they become brown.
- Add Milk and cook on medium heat till almost dry- stir occasionally.
- Add Sugar and cardamom. Stir till the sugar is dissolved.
Serve warm, chilled or at room temperature.
Recommended reading: Best Indian Cookbooks
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Three Ways To Bake Tofu: Three delicious recipes high in vegetable protein!
- The Crumbly Pie Crust & Home-Made Chocolate Pudding Recipes Great for Baking with Your Children
- Tips For Restoring of Your Over Cooked Goodies
- Oscar Night Gala Glamorous Cocktails
- 3 Best Burr Grinders Reviews for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Kitchen Towel Sets for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Chocolate Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Meal Prep Bags for Your Kitchen
- Apple Pandowdy Recipe
- Sandcastle Cake Simple Tips