Gajar halwa, or carrot halwa, is a popular Indian dessert that I like to make for Halloween, its little like a pudding, with a beautiful carrot color and aroma.
- 4 servings
- 1 pound Carrots, grated
- 3 cups skim milk
- Sugar – 6 tablespoons (7 g) spoon-able sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- In a deep saucepan , heat canola oil. Add grated carrots and fry they become brown.
- Add Milk and cook on medium heat till almost dry- stir occasionally.
- Add Sugar and cardamom. Stir till the sugar is dissolved.
Serve warm, chilled or at room temperature.
Recommended reading: Best Indian Cookbooks
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- My New Favorite Chocolate Chips
- 5 Best Reverse Osmosis Filter Systems for your Kitchen
- Sugar-free Baking Techniques for Tasty Treats: Sugar is Sweet but can Lead to the Defeat of Healthy Eating Choices
- 5 Best Pastas for your Kitchen
- Aphrodite’s menu, at your fingertips!
- Tasty Easter Treats to Cook with a Toddler or Preschooler
- 5 Best Potato Mashers for your Kitchen
- Spicy Vegetable Goulash
- Lodge Camp Dutch Ovens, Tripods, and Grills
- 5 Best Hamilton Beach Blenders for Your Kitchen