Holidays can still be a happy time for Diabetics if they consume carefully and don’t overeat. We all tend to indulge a little more over the holidays, but Diabetics need to be extra careful, or they will suffer the consequences.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Here is a quick and easy recipe that I enjoy making for my family. It contains no sugar and no artificial sweeteners either. All ingredients are natural.
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with a hand mixer, then let stand for at least 5 minutes to let the oats absorb the moisture.
Drop the dough 1 tablespoon at a time onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Let cookies cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
**Optional, but delicious:: Serve warm on the best warming tray!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Wine Aerators for your Kitchen
- 3 Best Bread Cloches for Your Kitchen
- 5 Best Bar Refrigerator with Ice Makers for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Sugar Shakers for your Kitchen
- Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Reviews
- Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Bread Machine Review
- Classic Fall Flavors: Roasted Poultry and Vegetable Soups With Italian White Wines
- Benefits of Using Spices When Baking
- 5 Best Egg Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Types of Bread You Can Make with a Bread Cloche