An Easy and Delicious Bar Cookie
Ah, Lemon Bars. They’re one of my favorite cookies. There are lots of recipes floating around for them, but I think this one is the best.
It’s important to bake the crust until it’s light golden brown, or the liquid filling would dissolve the crust even before it bakes. You can frost these bars if you’d like, but I like a nice sprinkling of powdered sugar. Place a doily carefully and lightly on the bars and sift powdered sugar over it. Then remove the doily and your bars will be decorated for Christmas!
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- More powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl, combine 1 cup flour, butter, and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar until crumbs form. Press into a 9″ square pan. Bake for 15 minutes. While crust is baking, combine eggs, lemon juice, and sugar in medium bowl. Beat until light, then beat in flour and baking soda.
Remove crust from oven and pour lemon filling over. Return to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bars are set and light golden brown. Let cool completely, then dust with more powdered sugar.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Microwaves For Your Kitchen
- 4 Mouth-Watering Fall Bread Recipes
- Healthy Egg Free Baking Options: Cooking Without Eggs in Baked Goods
- Lemon Seasoning – Origin, Uses, Tips
- 5 Best Cheese Boards for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Farmhouse Sinks for your Kitchen
- The Ultimate Guide to Making Subway Tuna
- Can’t Fail Cheesecake Recipe
- Tasty Cookies Recipe Without Using Baking Soda
- 5 Best Pastry Scrapers for your Kitchen