Growing up in Central New York, I remember winter the most. A time of seemingly endless snow, ice and cold. A time when we would ski and them warm up with a cup of cocoa and a nice plate of warm cookies.
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Cookbooks
One of my favorites were Molasses Crinkles.
- 2 1/4 c. sifted flour
- 1 tsp. salt (Check out our recommended salt and pepper grinder sets!)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3/4 cup liquid shortening
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and ground cloves into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine liquid shortening, brown sugar, egg and molasses until well blended.
- Pour into dry mixture and blend until moist and doughy. Roll into balls and dip tops in granulated sugar before placing on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Presses
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Make Amazing Italian Dishes with Barilla Italian Baking Sauce
- How to Soften White Sugar: 7 Super Easy Methods Tried & Approved
- 5 Best Stock Pots For Your Kitchen
- Fall Baking: Ultimate Pecan & Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Is Margarine a Good Substitute For Butter and Bread Recipes?
- How Long Can You Store Cooked Salmon For?
- Rare Pumpkin Pie Recipes You Have to Try!
- 10 Best Shaved Ice Machine of 2020
- Invisible Kool-Aid – St Patrick’s Day Family Recipe
- Easter Cake Ideas from Around the World