Who says New Year’s Eve punch recipes have to wintery? Why not warm up the holidays with some festive traditional and non-traditional punch and cocktail recipes? Here are sangria, Wassail bowl, plantar’s punch, cafe mocha and other fun recipes.
Festive New Year’s Sangria punch:
The holidays are the perfect time to enjoy summer’s delight sangria. In your favorite punch bowl, mix:
- 2 bottle dry red wine (Merlot, Shiraz, burgundy, cabernet sauvignon, pinot noir, table red)
- 1 fifth bottle triple sec, Peach or Pear Schnapps
- 1 12 ounce can limeade
- 1 12 ounce can lemonade
- 2 liter bottle ginger ale
- Quartered lemons and limes
- Sliced oranges (Here’s some awesome spiralizers to use!)
- Mix beverages and add fruits. Serve with fruits.
Holiday ice ring:
Using a decorated Jell-O mold, fill with clear soda (lemon-lime, grapefruit, ginger ale). Arrange red and green maraschino cherries or molded fruit or star-shaped candies, gum drops, orange slices, sliced starfruit, strawberries, kiwis cut with star shaped cutter or other decorative fruits.
Cafe Mocha punch:
Mix with equal parts dark roast coffee, Godiva, Vermeer or Paul Masson Chocolate- Hazelnut liqueur and Kahlua or Tia Maria coffee flavored liqueur and Bailey’s Irish Cream. Serve chilled over shaved ice or hot with whipped topping.
We always call this “kindergluvine” (children’s wassail bowl) at our house. This can be served alcoholic like a Wassail Bowl or non-alcoholic for children. Mix one gallon apple cider (or Natural Style apple juice), cranberry juice, cinnamon bark, cloves, nutmeg, lemon and lime slices and seeded apple slices. Add a dash of ginger. Heat in a crock pot or kettle on the stove. Keep Wassail bowl warm and steaming. For an alcoholic Wassail Bowl add one pint Smirnoff Green Apple vodka, Absolut Brooklyn Red Apple and Ginger vodka or Seagram’s Apple Twist Gin.
Bring in a taste of the islands with this Jamaican treat. Mix equal parts:
- Dark rum (Bacardi Dark and Dry is my preference)
- Orange juice
- Pineapple juice
Add half part lime juice and grenadine for color. Garnish with a pineapple bowtie (orange or lime slice twisted around pineapple chunk and marchino cherry).. If you need to core your pineapple, use the best pineapple corer.
Ring in the New Year with these crowd pleasing punch recipes.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- How Many Chicken Breasts Can You Fit in a Cup?
- How to Make the Perfect Chinese White Sauce
- Here’s Why Home Bakers Should Practice Cleanliness and Proper Sanitation
- 5 Best Salad Dressing Shakers for your Kitchen
- Aphrodite’s menu, at your fingertips!
- 3 Best Delta Faucets (2020 Guide)
- My Introduction to the Bain-marie Cooking Method
- Prepare Your Favourite Baked Goodies Without Fat And Calories
- Thanksgiving Leaf Pie Recipe
- Do’s and Don’ts of Muffin Pans