- Aluminum foil
- Shallow baking dish
- Sharp knife
And here are the ingredients you’ll need to make your baked potato:
- Large oblong baking potato
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
Here’s how to make the perfect baked potato every time
First things first, turn on your over to 425 degrees so it pre-heats while your preparing your ingredients.
Cover the bottom of your baking dish with a layer of foil and lightly grease the bottom so the potato doesn’t stick.
Wash and scrub your potato, but leave the peel on. Now cut your potato in half down the long part. Then with the tip of your knife, make 2 cuts down the length of each half as deep as you can without cutting through the peel on the other side. Then make 4 or 5 cuts across the face of each half using the same principle. The cuts in the face of each half should look like a checker board.
Now place both halves in your greased, foil covered baking dish with the cut side facing up and peel down. Then spread butter on top of each piece. Place another piece of foil over your baking dish to form a tent and be sure that this foil doesn’t touch the top of your potato or it’ll stick. Then put the baking dish in the pre-heated, 425 degree oven for 50 minutes.
After the 50 minutes are up, take off the top piece of foil, shake salt and pepper on the potatoes plus any other toppings you choose, like shredded cheese, herbs, etc. and put them back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes until they turn golden brown on top.
Remove from the oven and serve the baked potato halves with a spoonful of sour cream or even chili on each.
Because baked potatoes are more or less a ‘blank slate’ that you can do a lot of other things with, get creative with your toppings. Next time I make baked potatoes, I’m definitely going to try it the way the lady in the video below does.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Spice Up Date Night with an Authentic Mexican Meal
- Fill In Your New Bakery Menu With White Bread Recipe
- How to Prepare the Best Turkey for Thanksgiving
- 5 Best Meal Prep Containers for your Kitchen
- How to Cook Chicken on a Smoker
- Tips for Baking Bakery-Quality Bread
- Bean Sprout Sushi, Berry Spinach Salad and Creamy Cucumbers
- How to Easily Rehydrate Sundried Tomatoes (and 2 Delicious Recipes)
- Tasty Baked Chicken and Rice
- LEVOIT Stick Handheld Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner Review