After a long, cold winter, thoughts turn to spring – the yard, flowers, birds, and sunshine. If you’re thinking about your patio or porch and come cool drinks already, here are some recipes that will take you to that sunny place.
This party drink can be made for adults or the entire family.
- 1 tub Crystal Light Strawberry Kiwi Flavor soft drink mix
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups frozen strawberries, divided
- 1 cup cold diet ginger ale, divided
Combine the entire tub of drink mix with water in a large pitcher; mix until dissolved. Place half of drink mixture, 1-1/2 cups of strawberries, and 1/2 cup of ginger ale in blender and cover; blend until smooth. Pour into glasses or another pitcher and repeat with remaining ingredients. Garnish glasses with strawberry and a kiwi slice, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
*Adult version: reduce water to 5-1/2 cups and add 1/2 cup of rum or vodka.
Recommended reading: Best Wine Fridges
This favorite is a perfect drink for Cinco de Mayo – or any other excuse you can come up with.
Slice fruits and combine with wine and sugar. (Here’s some awesome spiralizers to use!)
Refrigerate overnight; mix in club soda right before serving.
Springtime ushers in frozen drink season. Try this classic to put you in a sunny mood.
- 1 oz. white rum
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup**
- Dash of maraschino liqueur
Combine ingredients in blender with 1/2 cup of ice; blend until smooth. Pout into chilled cocktail glass and enjoy.
**Simple Syrup recipe – makes 2 cups.
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
Recommended reading: Best Jar Openers
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Cook N Home 5.5″ Non-Stick Frying Pan
- Make Your Summer Weekend More Interesting With Harvest Fruit Bread
- Best Holiday Desserts for the Cooking Impaired: Four Simple and Delicious No Bake Dessert Recipes
- Top 15 Best Bento Box Reviews And Comparison
- The Bread Machine Ingredients: All You Need to Know
- Creative Food Recipes: How to Make Instant Chicken Noodle Soup
- Steamed Crab Roe Dumpling Recipe – Compliments of Chef Rolf Knecht of the Grand Hyatt Shanghai
- Sourdough Starter Magic Ingredients
- Lucky Charms St. Patrick’s Day Party Snack Idea
- Cuisinart CBK-200 2lb. Convection Bread Maker Review