The Most Decadent Candy
Truffles are named for, well, truffles, which are a fungus prized for its deep taste and color. Real truffles grow at the base of oak trees in areas of France and Italy, as well as in the United States. They are very expensive, usually hundreds of dollars per pound, and used in savory dishes.
The truffles we’re talking about today are made of chocolate and cream, melted together and chilled, then rolled into balls and dusted with cocoa powder to resemble the real thing. I’ve never liked the taste of truffles rolled in plain cocoa powder; I think the bitterness of the cocoa detracts from the taste. I’ve fixed that!
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Enjoy this fabulous recipe.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
Place sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated!), semisweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 2 minutes, then remove and stir. Return to microwave oven for 1 minute intervals at medium, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
Cover and chill for 3-4 hours until firm.
Combine 1/3 cup powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons cocoa powder in a sieve; sift onto a shallow plate; discard any lumps remaining in the sieve.
Scoop up a tablespoon of the chilled chocolate mixture and roll into a ball. Roll in powdered sugar mixture; place on a parchment paper lined tray or in mini paper candy cups. Chill again, about 2 hours, until firm. Store covered at room temperature.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- How to Replace Eggs in Vegan Recipe
- Top 5 Best Induction Burner Reviews And Comparison
- 5 Best Meal Prep Bags for Your Kitchen
- Tasty Cookies Recipe Without Using Baking Soda
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Mile High Strawberry Dessert: My Favorite Dessert for Summer
- The most important component of an oil free turkey fryer
- Braid Pie Dough Easy To Make
- Gluten-Free Baking: Healthy and Delicious: Discover the Many Gluten-Free Flours and their Unique Properties
- 10 Best Fondue Pots for Your Kitchen (2020)