Chocolate chip cookies are a popular treat. Kids and adults alike enjoy these tasty and popular baked goods item. Chocolate chip cookies are a great treat to serve over the holidays, dole out at a party, or as a popular addition to the family cookie jar. These delicious, chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies additionally made a great holiday gift.
This easy chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe combines a traditional chewy oatmeal cookie recipe with chocolate chips. This recipe also differs from a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe in that it is infused with fragrant spices such as cinnamon and cardamom. This cookie is especially tasty over the fall and winter months, but can be enjoyed year round as a tasty snack.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
This fast and simple chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe requires few ingredients and one bowl, requiring minimal clean up and preparation time.
Traditional Baking: Easy Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- About 2 dozen small cookies, a dozen giant cookies
- 20 to 30 minutes
- 8 to 10 minutes per batch
- 350 Fahrenheit
Cooking Supplies Needed for Traditional, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies:
- Baking sheet, ungreased
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Cooling rack
- Metal spatula
Ingredients for Chewy, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies:
- 1 ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup white, granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups of old fashioned oats
How to Make Easy and Traditional, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Assemble needed ingredients and cooking supplies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using mixing spoon or electric mixer, cream together in large mixing bowl butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed.
- Add flour, cinnamon, cardamom, and oatmeal to creamed wet ingredients, using mixing spoon to blend. Stir cookie dough thoroughly until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Add chocolate chips to cookie dough. Mix using mixing spoon until thoroughly blended. The cookie dough should be slightly sticky.
- Place cookie dough in tablespoon sized balls evenly spaced on ungreased cookie sheet. If making gaint cookies make about 1/8 cup sized balls of cookie dough. The cookie dough will spread slightly in oven, so make sure to space cookies a few inches apart to ensure each cookie has enough room to spread while baking. Bake on middle shelf of oven to ensure even baking.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies should be slightly golden when done. Let cool slightly before using metal spatula to place cookies on cooling rack. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- How To Make Your Baking Healthier
- 5 Best Zojirushi Containers for your Kitchen
- A Few Tricks Of The Trade To Make A Fundraising Bake Sale
- Top 10 Dutch Oven Fish Recipes for Cooking Lessons
- Make a Dessert Pizza or Cheesecake Crust with Leftover Sugar Cookie Dough
- 5 Best Countertop Blenders for your Kitchen
- Lamb in Phyllo -Valentine’s Dinner
- An Old Fashioned Down-Easter Clambake
- LEVOIT 2 in 1 Humidifier & Diffuser for Your Kitchen & Home
- 5 Best Measuring Cup Sets for Your Kitchen