These flavorsome and pecan, oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies are delightful all year around, but are especially festive in the autumn with their subtle blend of ground cloves and cinnamon. The ground pecans in this recipe give the cookies an extra nutty flavor.
These delicious baked goods are sure to be popular with kids and adults alike. These flavorsome pecan, oatmeal, and chocolate chip cookies make a great Christmas gift, treat at a kids’ school party, an easy Thanksgiving dessert option, or a wonderful addition to any cookie jar this autumn or winter.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
This autumn or holiday season treat your family and friends to these tasty and easy cookies.
Ultimate Pecan & Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- About 2 dozen cookies
- 35 Minutes
- 8 to 10 minutes per batch
Cooking Supplies Needed:
- Baking sheet, ungreased
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
- Food processer
- Measuring spoons
- Small mixing bowl
- Large stainless-steel mixing bowl
- Cooling rack
- Metal spatula
- 2/3 cup pecans, blended
- 1 cups quick oats
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, slightly softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup pecan pieces
If making a vegan version of this recipe use egg substitutes for eggs, vegan chocolate chips, and vegan margarine for butter and shortening.
How to Make Ultimate Pecan, Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Blend 2/3 cups of pecans in food processor until finely ground.
- In small mixing bowl combine all-purpose flour, quick oats, blended pecans, ground cloves, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, brown sugar, vanilla, and white sugar. When thoroughly creamed, add vanilla and eggs. Cream thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients, one cup at a time to large bowl. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Add semi-sweet chocolate chips and other 2/3 cup pecan pieces to dough. Mix thoroughly. Batter will be slightly sticky.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls. Flatten slightly on ungreased baking sheet.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before using metal spatula to place cookies on cooling rack. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Variations of Oatmeal, Pecan, & Chocolate Chip Cookies
For an extra flavorsome cookie infused with autumnal spices consider adding ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg and ¼ teaspoon cardamom. You also could add ½ teaspoon all-spice if you don’t have any cinnamon or ground cloves handy. These cookies are also good using other types of nuts, instead of pecans. Hazelnuts and walnuts are both tasty instead of pecans in this cookie recipe.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Salt and Pepper Grinder Sets For Your Kitchen
- Bake Cookies with Kids: Yummy Peanut Butter Cookies that Kids Can Make
- Homemade Italian Ricotta Strudel with Sultanas: Filo Pastry with Sweet Cheese Filling: Dessert from Northern Italy
- How to Cook a Perfect Turkey Every Time
- Egg Replacement in Baking: Vegan Baking Without Eggs
- 5 Best Coffee Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Cordless Electric Kettles For The Kitchen
- 5 Best Lagostina Cookware for your Kitchen
- Natural Spices From Around the World in Toronto’s Organic Spice Store
- Hot, Spicy, Tangy Cajun-Injected Turkey Recipe