Drop cookies, or cookies made by dropping a stiff dough into mounds, then baking until firm, are the easiest kind of cookie (other than bar cookies!).
These drop cookies, packed full of candy coated chocolate pieces, are a huge kid favorite. They keep well, stay chewy and soft for days, and are perfect for packing into lunchboxes.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Candy Filled Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups candy coated chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup candy coated chocolate pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine butter and both sugars and beat until fluffy; add egg and vanilla and beat well. Stir in flour and baking soda until mixed, then stir in candy pieces.
Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and top each mound of dough with a few more candies, pressing in gently. Bake for 9-13 minutes or just until cookies are set and edges are light golden brown. Let stand on cookie sheets for one minute, then remove to wire racks to cool. Store at room temperature, tightly covered. Makes about 36 cookies.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Simple Pound Cake Tips
- Chocolate Macaroon Cookies Recipe
- White chocolate or regular chocolate? Does it affect the taste of cookies?
- Amazing Salad with Peas, Onions and Nuts
- How to Choose Best Internet Casinos in Finland?
- Best Corned Beef Brisket with Potatoes and Cabbage 2 Ways
- Tips for Baking the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Prepare a Quick Dinner for Your Family
- Father’s Day: Gift Ideas for Dads Who Like to Cook
- How To Clean A Deep Fryer