- 1lb bag of spinach or 2 medium sized fresh spinach bunch
- Methi or Fenugreek (found at most Indian grocers and sometimes in the ethnic section at No frills)
- Turmeric powder (2 teaspoons), red chili powder (2 teaspoons) and salt (to taste)
- 2 chopped fresh tomatoes (with the best food chopper)
- 1 whole chopped onion (Here are some great onion choppers for you!)
- 1 lemon or lemon juice
- Oil (your choice – vegetable or sunflower works well)
- Wash spinach under cold running water… and break the spinach in to small pieces as desired… I just mesh them up. I also dry them in a salad spinner before chopping with a food chopper.
- Heat oil for about 2 – 3 minutes on medium heat and than add the methi or fenugreek spice
- Mix in onions and fry in a skillet or electric wok till light golden or yellow
- Add the tomatoes to the mix and turmeric, chili powder and salt. Mix well and mash the paste.
- Add the spinach and mix well… let cook for about 5 minutes than add lemon to taste
- Let stand for about 10-15 minutes for juices to extract… (That will be the curry)
- Serve on top of rice or with bread
Serve with chicken breast with the following spices.
Step 1: Wash chicken breast
Step 2: Add salt, chili, ginger and garlic paste, lemon and paprika (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
step 3: Let it sit for 2 hours and barbeque it on the grill or in the oven
Ufurahie chakula chako – Have a good meal! (Swahili)
Recommended reading: Best Indian Cookbooks
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Pie Tasting Contest Experience
- Oster 5838 58-Minute Expressbake Review
- Tips And Tricks That Will Help You When Cooking and Baking
- The Most Delicious Caramel Bars
- Simple Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Using Honey in Cooking and Baking: Substituting a Natural Sweetener for Sugar in Recipes
- Best Paprika Substitute: 5 Different Spices You Can Use
- Simply Asian: Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Hidden Muffin Pan Dangers
- Gluten-Free Baking Secrets