Even though the acai berry is one of the most nutritious foods in the world — packed with antioxidants, phytochemicals, omega 3 fatty acids and more — it is not something you can find in your supermarket produce section. That’s because acai fruit is grown only in the rainforest, and it deteriorates rapidly after being picked.
But you can find acai juice in most supermarkets, and it is delicious. For this antioxidant-rich smoothie, I recommend Bom Dia Acai Berry with Cacao.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup acai berry juice (such as Bom Dia Acai Berry with Cacao. Remember to use our recommended best juicer)
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt (such as Stonyfield) — make your own in a yogurt maker!
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
Combine all ingredients in a regular or Vita Mix countertop blender. Mix until smooth.
Recommended reading: Best Ice Buckets
Per serving: 257 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated), 3 mg cholesterol, 54 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein, 2% Vitamin A, 51% Vitamin C, 13% calcium, 9% iron
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- A Few Tricks Of The Trade To Make A Fundraising Bake Sale
- How To Clean A Panini Press
- Winter Foods: What’s Considered a Winter Food?
- Make Delicious Olive Oil Cheese Rollups
- 5 Best Wusthof Knives Reviews
- 10 Best Infrared Grill Reviews And Comparison 2020
- Top 10 Dutch Oven Chicken Recipes
- 5 Best Indian Cookbooks For Your Kitchen
- 5 Best Wet Grinders for your Kitchen
- A Great Easy to Make Turkey Recipe