I know that Christmas is on it’s way and if you’re like me than you are dreading all the food that comes with the season, which can add on the pounds quickly. My friend had given me this awesome baked apple recipe a few years ago and I have to say it’s one of my favorite recipes I use for Dessert. I like it because it’s healthy dessert but it still tastes awesome.
Baked Apples and Oatmeal
You Will Need
- 5 medium Apples
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
1) Spray Glass baking pan with cooking spray.
3) Mix Oatmeal, Brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together in bowl with a hand mixer and then sprinkle over the top of the apples.
4) Cut butter in small chunks and spread evenly over the top.
5) Bake at 350* for 20 – 25 min
6) Serve warm on a warming tray and Enjoy
This is always a hit around the Christmas season for us. I will bake it right after the amazing holiday turkey or roast is done and then let it stand until we are all ready for dessert. It is also a good recipe and dessert for the fall season.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Amazing Low-Fat Banana Bread Recipe
- How Do Bread Cloches Work?
- 10 Best Chef Hats Reviews & Rating 
- Tips on Baking Failures – Great for Beginners
- 25 Gadgets That Make Healthy Cooking Easy
- No Bake Peanut Butter Krispies
- Vietnamese Cinnamon – Origin, Uses, Tips
- Best Chefs in New York
- Cooking with Thyme
- 5 Essential Items That Should Be at Every Business Meeting