Here’s our list of the 3 best coconut water brands this year. Coconut water is becoming a trendy beverage today. That’s mainly because of the myriad of health benefits that come with it. Also, it’s such a refreshing drink during the hot summer months. You can drink coconut water straight from the coconut shell itself, for twice the freshness, or just get it from your local supermarket.
So as always, we want to stay truthful and unbiased when it comes to developing our lists of recommended products. This is the reason why we selected several types of highest-rated coconut water brands today. Plus, we chose a varied group of testers. We sent them boxes of our shortlisted coconut water brands. Then, we asked them to rank the brands from best to worst after trying them all.
We gathered a lot of data and considered many factors as soon as the taste-testing was done. These included the opinions of our testers, and how much they enjoyed the coconut water. It was quite interesting to learn that each brand tasted differently. So after all the work we did and the time we spent, here’s a summary of our findings:
Best Coconut Water Review Center
|#1 - Vita Coco Organic Coconut Water ||99%|
|#2 - Bai Coconut Flavored Water ||95%|
|#3 - ZICO Natural 100% Coconut Water Drink ||92%|
So these are our 3 favorite coconut water brands today. You can find out more about the results of our tests from our detailed reviews below. And whenever you’re ready, hit the yellow button to get the best price on Amazon!
#1 – Vita Coco Organic Coconut Water
This coconut water lets you experience a taste of the tropics. You no longer have to climb up a ladder or wield a machete to chop down a young coconut and extract its delicious water. Vita Coco Organic Coconut Water is the world’s best-selling coconut water for a reason. It naturally hydrates your body, and not only that, it’s super-refreshing and filled with tons of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. It’s also filled with electrolytes, the same ingredient found in sports drinks. This ensures that your body is properly hydrated and refreshed, especially when you’re out there exercising or just finished a satisfying workout session at the gym.
- Vita Coco Organic Coconut Water comes in a small compact bottle, allowing you to carry it with you wherever you go;
- You can purchase it individually, or in one 12-pack case;
- Each bottle holds 11 ounces of coconut water;
- Item weight is 9.9 lbs.; and
- Shipping weight is 10 lbs.
- Comes in different flavors, including raspberry lime, pineapple passionfruit, lemon ginger, and grapefruit;
- No added sugar, so the sweetness is all-natural;
- Quality of the drink is super-consistent, almost as if you’re drinking from the coconut itself;
- Vegan, GMO-free, and Gluten-free; and
- Also has a sparkling coconut water version
#2 – Bai Coconut Flavored Water
Also known as Bai Antioxidant Cocofusion, this is a drink that is packed with healthy flavors – Only under ten calories! Each sip gives you a burst of tasty coconut fruit flavor that you are sure to enjoy. Bai’s coconut water also contains antioxidants, which help aid in your digestion. But just because it’s filled with nutrients doesn’t mean the flavor has to be sacrificed. The company behind this product ensures that this is what real coconut water is supposed to be, and went all-out with making sure their coconut water is refreshing and healthy at the same time.
- You can buy it individually, in a pack of 6, or in a pack of 12;
- Contains over 35 milligrams worth of caffeine with every serving;
- Item weight is 1.3 lbs.; and
- Shipping weight is 5 lbs.
- Tons of antioxidants due to its caffeine content;
- Only contains 10 calories;
- Also has loads of other flavors, such as Madagascar coconut mango, Puna coconut pineapple, Andes coconut lime, and Maui coconut raspberry; and
- Not only is it vegan and gluten-free, it is also kosher and GMO-free. It also has a low glycemic index.
#3 – ZICO Natural 100% Coconut Water Drink
Unlike other brands, ZICO contains nothing but the purest coconut water — No artificial flavorings, no added sugars, or caffeine. It’s a product that’s infused with 5 types of electrolytes, giving you much more energy than the average sports drink. These 5 electrolytes are potassium, sodium, calcium, phosphorous, and magnesium. Chugging down a bottle of ZICO Coconut Water Drink not only ensures hydration, but it also makes you healthy. Your body will thank you for it.
- Each ZICO Coconut Water bottle measures 3.2 x 7.9 x 3.2 inches, and weighs over 1.06 lbs.;
- Shipping weight is 14.9 lbs.;
- You can purchase this product individually, in pairs, in 3s, in four bottles, or as a whole pack of 12; and
- The bottle can hold over 16.9 fl. oz. of coconut water.
- The pet bottle variant fits nicely in your mini-fridge, armrests, and cup holders;
- Gluten-free, GMO-free, and cholesterol-free. It’s also a great drink for vegetarians and vegans alike;
- Packed in Thailand, giving the product a refreshing, clean and all-natural taste;
- ZICO is pure 100% coconut water, and does not come from concentrate;
- Comes in plenty of different flavors, including raspberry, pineapple, and chocolate; and
- Each purchase of this product will also help support Filipino farmers.
Coconut Water Buyer’s Guide:
We used many factors while testing out these brands of coconut water. These include price, taste, and its health benefits. Another factor we considered was if they came with a ton of other flavors and not just plain coconut water. We chugged down at least fifteen brands of coconut water, and in the end, decided that these three were the best. All of our three best coconut water selections went through rigorous and unbiased testing methods. So anyway, here’s our checklist:
What Makes a Coconut Water Brand Suitable for Your Exact Needs?
- Do Not Buy Coconut Water From Concentrate — There are actually a few brands out there that trick their customers into purchasing pure coconut juice but is actually made from concentrate. Keep in mind, less processing is often the best choice here, or with any other food and drink;
- Only Buy Natural Coconut Water — Those who live in tropical countries are lucky because they can get fresh coconut water almost wherever they go. Fresh coconut water is amazing because of its taste, plus it contains natural enzymes that help with your metabolism;
- Avoid Coconut Water with Chemicals — These include metabisulphite, whose main purpose is to ensure that the shelf life of your coconut water remains for a long time. When buying coconut water, make sure to pick a brand that lists only coconut water as its sole ingredient, and nothing else;
- Do Not Purchase Coconut Water From Mature Coconuts — Mature coconuts are perfect for making coconut cream and coconut milk, or coconut shavings for salad. Coconut water comes from mature coconuts have a more acidic taste, so processed sugars are added to them to neutralize the flavor; and
- Pick a Young, Heavy Coconut — When buying coconut water from natural coconuts, pick a heavy one as it contains plenty of water.
Coconut Water FAQs
So what exactly is coconut water?
Also known as coconut juice, coconut water is the clear liquid found inside coconuts, which in turn, are the fruits found from coconut trees. During the early stage of a coconut’s growth, the coconut water works as a type of endosperm for the coconut itself, while it’s in the nuclear stage of its growth. And as the coconut continues to grow and reach maturity, the endosperm transforms into a cellular phase and stores itself into the coconut pulp’s rind. Usually, people prefer coconut water coming from young coconuts, than from a fully mature and ripened one.
Why is coconut water considered good for you?
Not only is coconut water considered refreshing and tasty, it’s also packed with so many vitamins and minerals, which people need to maintain a healthy body. Coconut water is also low in calories, cholesterol-free, and fat-free, aside from it being super-hydrating. It is also kosher-free, gluten-free, and vegan, so just about anyone can give this drink a try. Lastly, it contains natural electrolytes, including potassium — A bottle of coconut water contains twice the amount of potassium as one banana.
Is it safe to drink coconut water every day?
Coconut water is pretty much safe to drink — Although drinking more than 1 bottle a day can cause indigestion or fullness for some people. However, this instance is uncommon. Another hidden side effect of drinking too much coconut water is that it can increase the amount of potassium in your body. Too much potassium can cause irregular heartbeats, or worse, kidney failure. Although potassium can pass through your body in the form of pee, this can be difficult if your kidneys are not working properly.
Can you use coconut water as a substitute for coconut milk?
No. Despite coming from the same product, coconut water and coconut milk couldn’t be any more different. Coconut milk is already processed, and the consistency will all depend on the amount of (regular) water that you add to the milk. Coconut milk is also used in most Southeast Asian dishes, while coconut water is not. And while coconut milk makes a really good dairy-free substitute, it’s not exactly a healthy option, due to its high-calorie content.
- Cheaper Alternatives: Baked Beans
- 5 Best Sauce Pans for your Kitchen
- How to Peel Sweet Potatoes the Easy Way
- The Main Benefit of Getting an Infrared Turkey Fryer
- 5 Best Microwave Drawers for your Kitchen
- How to Prepare the Best Cookies
- Experimenting with Lower Calorie Cookie Recipes
- Tips on Baking Failures – Great for Beginners
- ‘Tis the Season for a Fabulous Christmas Brunch
- 10 Best Bok Choy Substitutes — Ultimate List