Delicious Five Ingredient Bar Cookies
If you’ve never tried refrigerated cookie dough, you’re missing out on something! The cookies all by themselves are really excellent, and the dough is a fabulous ingredient to make baking quick and easy.
Other great shortcut ingredients include the caramel apple dip that you can find near the apples in the produce aisle as summer wanes, along with prepared canned frostings. If you have these essentials in your cupboard, compact refrigerator and chest freezer, you’ll be able to whip up all kinds of goodies at a moment’s notice.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Enjoy these delicious chewy, creamy, chocolate bar cookies.
Chocolate Caramel Cashew Bars
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 (11 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups caramel apple dip
- 2-1/2 cups crisp rice flake cereal
- 1 cup chopped salted cashews
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. With floured fingers, press cookie dough in the bottom of a 13×9″ pan. Bake for 11-15 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. Let cool on wire rack while preparing filling.
In large microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1 cup of the caramel apple dip. Microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes, then remove and stir until mixture is smooth. Return to microwave, if necessary, for 30 seconds longer at 50% power; stir until smooth. Carefully stir in cereal and cashews. Spread over cookie crust.
In small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining chocolate chips and dip; microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, then remove and stir. Return to microwave, if necessary, for 30 seconds longer at 50% power; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and carefully spread. Let stand until set, then cut into bars.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Cookbooks for Beginners for your Kitchen
- No Bake Cookie Recipe: Cinnamon Peanut Butter Balls
- Pie Tasting Contest Experience
- 5 Best Kitchen Carts for Your Kitchen
- Baked Apples Made While Camping
- Best Bread Box + 9 More Bread Boxes for your Kitchen
- T-Fal PF311E ActiBread Bread Maker Review
- 5 Best Cuisinart Pressure Cookers for your Kitchen
- 5 Best French Cookbooks
- 5 Best Cappuccino Machines for your Kitchen