Did you know that you should eat some nuts every day? (Unless, of course, you’re allergic to them.) Nuts have monounsaturated fats, lots of fiber, and B vitamins. Consuming about a handful a day may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
There are lots of new nut blends on the market, including different blends that are high in a specific nut. Pick your favorite: I’ve seen Pecan Lover’s Blends, Cashew Lover’s Blends and more. I also like buying nuts in bulk, especially at my local food co-op; they are very fresh and you can pick and choose the mix you want.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Think of it this way – the nuts are counteracting the butter and sugar! Well, not really, but I’d like to believe that. If there are nut lovers at your house, try these bars.
Mixed Nut Bars
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine flour and powdered sugar and mix well; cut in 1/2 cup butter until particles are fine. Press into an ungreased 13×9″ pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Sprinkle nuts evenly over partially baked crust.
In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, 3 tablespoons butter and butterscotch chips; stir until chips are melted. Pour mixture over nuts. Bake 5 minutes longer, then remove from pan and set on wire cooling rack.
In microwave safe bowl, combine semisweet chocolate chips and peanut butter and cook for 2 minutes at 50% power. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth; pour over bars. Let stand until cool, then cut into squares.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Edible, Bread Dough Easter Baskets: A Fun Easter Craft for All Ages
- Liven Up Your Christmas Baked Goods So They Look As Cheerful As The Wrapping Under The Tree
- Dark Chocolate Is The Ultimate Treat
- Do’s and Don’ts of Muffin Pans
- 4 Best Bakeware Sets Review & Rating 
- 5 Best Bar Stools for your Kitchen
- How to Properly Use Bundt Cake Pan
- Bentgo Classic (Gray) – Stackable Bento Box
- 5 Contemporary Kitchen Interior Ideas
- Prepare Awesome Fresh Blueberry Muffins