I’ve just discovered a quick and easy Christmas Pretzel Cookie recipe. The recipe didn’t come with a name, so I named the recipe Christmas Pretzel Cookies. Original, huh!
Christmas Pretzel Cookies Ingredients
- 1 bag of Snyder’s of Hanover Mini Pretzels. Doesn’t have to be this brand, but bag needs to say “mini pretzels.” For my first batch I bought “tiny pretzels.” They weren’t tiny enough for this recipe, because the chocolate chips fell through the holes in the pretzel and remained on the parchment paper when I picked up the cookies.
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips. These chocolate chips are larger than other brands.
- 1 large bag of M M;’s. Can be mixed color M M;’s or green and red M M;’s for Christmas.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Cookbooks
Christmas Pretzel Cookies Directions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut parchment paper to fit the bottom of a cookie sheet. Paper should lay flat on the cookie sheet. The pretzels aren’t heavy enough to weigh the paper down flat if its just folded over the sides of the cookie sheets.
- Fully fill the cookie sheet with mini pretzels. The sides of the mini pretzels can touch. No expanding going on here.
- Drop 1 chocolate chip upside-down in each of the three mini-pretzel holes.
- Bake for 4 minutes.
- Immediately after removing cookie sheet from the oven, press 1 M M; firmly enough to stick on top of each chocolate chip. The chocolate chip should be slightly, but not completely melted.
- Chill the cookies until soft chocolate chips have set. I clear a shelf in my fridge and chill my Christmas Pretzel Cookies on the cookie sheet for about 15 minutes.
- Ta Dah! Your Christmas Pretzel Cookies are ready to devour. Try eating just one!
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Presses
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!