Should you want to add a great side item to any meal Smoked cabbage is the answer. This is especially good with the holiday ham because the flavors compliment each other so well. Cabbage prepared this way is always great when served with other grilled foods such as steaks, brats or ribs.
Recommended reading: Best Grilling Cookbooks
- One large cabbage (Do not remove bottom stalk)
- One half tablespoon of butter ( I prefer real salted butter)
- Pepper (Check out our recommended salt and pepper grinder sets!)
- Garlic powder (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
- Three strips of bacon cut into small pieces
Begin by cutting into the top of the cabbage with a large kitchen utility knife in a squared pattern.
The purpose of this is that you want to remove a large plug from the cabbage.
After removing the cabbage place a small amount of bacon down into the hole you have created now sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder, pepper and chives make sure to use a very small amount as you will be using some more as you refill the cabbage.
Place a small amount of cabbage in the whole and repeat until you have refilled the cabbage with all the ingredients finishing up with a half tablespoon pat of butter a sprinkle of salt then take the original plug of cabbage and close up the cabbage.
Wrap the cabbage up in aluminum foil if you have done this correctly the cabbage should look the same way you bought it except for the square outline of where you hollowed it out and refilled it with all the goodies.
Place the cabbage on the grill sitting on the stalk.
Recommended Reading: Best Grilling Tools and Accessories
Cook on the grill 35 to 45 minutes you should hear the bacon popping.
Remove from grill.
Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
Usually serves 3 to 5 people.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Best Spring Bass Recipes
- EasyLunchboxes 3- Compartment Bento Box
- The $15 Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe- Courtesy of Marty Curtis
- 10 Best Shaved Ice Machine of 2020
- Book Review: Everyone Can Cook Midweek Meals- Recipes for Cooks on the Run
- Slow Cooked Meat Dishes Served Directly On the Table in a Tagine
- 5 Best Compact Refrigerators for your Kitchen
- Spice Up Your Baked Potato!
- 5 Best KitchenAid Mixers for your Kitchen
- Smart Appliances to Update Your Modern Kitchen With