It seems as though that there can never be enough recipes that pertain to the Fourth of July. This holiday like many other traditional American holidays bring out the best in the culinary skills of cooks nation wide. This recipe is sure to please the seafood lover, which contributes to any individual who enjoys another wonderful clam dish.
- Serves 6 to 8
- 2 dozen cherrystone clams
- 2tbls of olive oil (Here’s some olive oil dispensers you may like)
- 1tbls 50/50 smart balance butter blend
- ½ cup finely minced Spanish onion (Here are some great onion choppers for you!)
- ¼ cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 fresh peeled garlic cloves or spice world chopped garlic (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 slices cooked crispy bacon/crumpled
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2tbls grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Liberal amount of paprika
- Small amount of olive oil to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Thoroughly rinse and scrub clams, discard any that are open. Place clams on a baking sheet and bake until the shells open, remove meat from shell. Finely chop clams, discard one half shells.
- Heat 50/50 smart balance butter blend and cooking oil in skillet. Add chopped garlic, green pepper and onion, sauté ingredients until tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add chopped bacon, bread crumbs, and oregano and parmesan cheese. Add clams to mixture, use a hand mixer to mix up all ingredients well.
- Clam shells that have been saved – begin to fill in clam mixture. Sprinkle parsley and paprika; finally, drizzle with olive oil. Bake Red, White and Blue Clams Casino for 8 minutes, should be golden brown on top. Immediately serve while clam dish hot from the oven.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Aprons for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Moka Pots for your Kitchen
- Yellow Mustard Seed Powder – Origin, Uses, Tips
- Bean Sprout Sushi, Berry Spinach Salad and Creamy Cucumbers
- 5 Best Potato Mashers for your Kitchen
- Making a Personal Cookbook
- Caring for Your Cast Iron Cookware
- Children in the Waldorf Homeschool Learn How To Bake and Cook
- How to Properly Use Bundt Cake Pan
- 5 Best Irish Cookbooks for your Kitchen