There are a number of ways to bake pineapple from side dishes to desserts. However, if you really want to impress someone, try Hawaiian style baked pineapple. They’re easy to prepare and make a decorative addition to your buffet.
Most supermarkets have a device you can use to skin the pineapples right there in the store. One small pineapple yields two servings. The following recipe yields six servings. To double the recipe, double the ingredients and add an additional ten to fifteen minutes to baking time.
Hawaiian Style Baked Pineapple
- 3 small pineapples (skinned and whole) – use the best pineapple corer if needed
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of golden raisins
- 1 cup of dates (chopped and pitted)
- 6 pats of butter
- two tablespoons of brown sugar
Cut the pineapples in half from top to bottom. With a sharp knife, cut the core from each half making a trough to hold the filling. Arrange them in a well-buttered long baking pan. Combine all other ingredients, except the butter and coconut. Spoon the filling into each pineapple and top each with a pat of butter. Bake at 350 degrees for thirty minutes. Top each pineapple with the coconut and bake an additional five minutes or until the coconut is nice and brown.
Quick and Easy Baked Pineapple
- 1 small can of chunk pineapple
- 1/2 cup of grated or shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 25 Ritz crackers
Measure 3 tablespoons of the pineapple juice out of the can then drain the rest. Combine all other ingredients except the crackers and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a well-buttered baking dish. Crumble the Ritz cracker and sprinkle them over the mixture then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Pineapples are nutritious and delicious. If you’re rushed for time, you can simply sprinkle them with sugar and cinnamon then bake them in a well buttered pan for twenty to thirty minutes.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- The Main Benefit of Getting an Infrared Turkey Fryer
- Edible, Bread Dough Easter Baskets: A Fun Easter Craft for All Ages
- 5 Best Chinese Cookbooks
- How much is too much when it comes to adding nuts to cookie batter?
- How to Find Your Ideal Online Slot Game
- Muffin Tins 101
- 5 Best Blendtec Blenders for your Kitchen
- Homemade Sugar-Low Christmas Treats
- Review of My Favorite Cooking and Food Magazines
- 10 Best Watermelon Slicers & Cutters for Your Kitchen (2020)