A Delicious Angel Food Dessert For New Year’s Parties
Lemon is one of my favorite flavors. And you can fool yourself into thinking you’re eating something healthy, because the fruit has so much vitamin C! At any rate, this dessert is perfect for large parties and potlucks because it makes a large pan and has to be made ahead of time. Place it on the buffet table with a large spoon and some plates and let guests help themselves. For a nice garnish, add a few fresh mint sprigs and sprinkle grated lemon zest over the whole thing.
Happy New Year!
Lemon Angel Food Dessert
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
In small heavy saucepan, combine almonds and sugar; cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar melts and almonds are toasted. Immediately spread onto a Silpat lined cookie sheet and let cool completely; break into pieces.
Tear angel food cake into small pieces and set aside. In small bowl, combine lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk; mix well. In large bowl, combine cream with powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold lemon mixture into cream mixture.
In 13″ x 9″ glass baking dish, layer 1/4 of lemon mixture, angel food cake pieces, and sugared almonds. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Delicious Baked Potato Recipe
- Tips to Make Cookie Baking Fit with a Healthy Diet
- Mace – Origin, Uses, Tips
- 5 Best Persian Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Pumpkin Turkey Recipe and Instructions
- 5 Best KitchenAid Blender Reviews And Comparison 2020
- Grilled Jerk Chicken and Jamaican Style BBQ Sauce – Great for Memorial Day
- The Right Way to Choose and Store Tofu
- 5 Best Mini-Kegerators for your Kitchen
- Deviled Eggs: A Necessary Easter Recipe