Here is a fun snack idea for a classroom St. Patrick’s Day party. The recipe is very simple, using only 4 ingredients, and no added green food-coloring. It takes an already sweet cereal and makes it even sweeter. To top that, it gets sprinkled with gold-colored sprinkles.
- 6 cups Lucky Charms Cereal, without marshmallows
- 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Gold-colored cake sprinkles
Sort marshmallows from the cereal and set aside. Kids can help with this. Measure out 6 cups of dry cereal or as much as the box will allow you. Melt the white chips in the top of a double boiler, and stir oil into the melted chips.
Pour melted chips over dry sorted cereal (no marshmallows). Stir mixture until pieces are coated. Cool cereal mixture on wax paper, and spread pieces apart as best you can. When cool, break apart any big clumps.
When ready to serve, mix coated cereal together with as many marshmallow charms from the box that you wish. Last of all, mix in gold-colored cake sprinkles and serve in a black-colored bowls with black licorice-rope handles.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- The Healthiest Way to Boost the Dietary Fiber Content of Your Bread
- 5 Best Viking Cookware for your Kitchen
- How to Prepare the Best Turkey for Thanksgiving
- How to Start Your Everquest Baking Career
- Fresh Baked Cookies Anytime!
- 10 Best Vacuum Sealers of 2020
- Baking with Flaxseed Part 2
- 5 Best Bar Stools for your Kitchen
- How to Make the Perfect Chinese White Sauce
- The Main Benefit of Getting an Infrared Turkey Fryer