Here is a fun snack idea for a classroom St. Patrick’s Day party. The recipe is very simple, using only 4 ingredients, and no added green food-coloring. It takes an already sweet cereal and makes it even sweeter. To top that, it gets sprinkled with gold-colored sprinkles.
- 6 cups Lucky Charms Cereal, without marshmallows
- 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Gold-colored cake sprinkles
Sort marshmallows from the cereal and set aside. Kids can help with this. Measure out 6 cups of dry cereal or as much as the box will allow you. Melt the white chips in the top of a double boiler, and stir oil into the melted chips.
Pour melted chips over dry sorted cereal (no marshmallows). Stir mixture until pieces are coated. Cool cereal mixture on wax paper, and spread pieces apart as best you can. When cool, break apart any big clumps.
When ready to serve, mix coated cereal together with as many marshmallow charms from the box that you wish. Last of all, mix in gold-colored cake sprinkles and serve in a black-colored bowls with black licorice-rope handles.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Tips For Making with Kids Under the Age of Four
- 10 Best Deep Fryers of 2020
- How to maximize the use value of your baking dishes
- 5 Best Ice Cube Trays For Your Kitchen
- Delicious Yellow Cake for Upcoming Holidays
- 3 Best Vitamix Blenders for your Kitchen
- Best Cheap Bread Maker under $100
- 5 Best Oster Blender Reviews 2020
- Hoshizaki KM-61BAH Commercial Ice Maker (B01ASBSMDW)
- 5 Best Wine Making Starter Kits for your Kitchen