How to Make Pig Cupcakes
- 1 box cupcake mix
- 1 jar pink frosting
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 box mini red hot candies
- 1 bag red licorice rope
- 1 bag mini M Ms;
- Follow the baking instructions on your box of cupcake mix. Once your cupcakes have been baked, allow them to cool fully by either placing the baking pan on a cooling rack or by removing the cupcakes from the pan and allowing them to cool on the cooling rack.
- When your cupcakes are cool to the touch, frost the tops with an even layer of pink frosting. If you do not have pink frosting, purchase a jar of white frosting and add one drop of red food coloring. Stir the frosting well to distribute the color – add another drop of red food coloring if the first color is not pink enough.
- Cut a few large marshmallows in half so you are left with two marshmallow circles. Press one marshmallow half (smooth side down) onto the top of each frosted cupcake to form your pig’s snout. The exact placement of the snout is up to you – you can either place it in the center of the cupcake top or align it with the edge of the cupcake top.
- Give your pig cupcake nostrils by placing two mini red hot candies on top of the marshmallow snout. If you placed the marshmallow snout smooth-side down then the red hot candies should adhere to the sticky side of the marshmallow. If not, use a little dab of frosting to glue the candies to the marshmallow snout.
- Take a few of the marshmallow halves you cut earlier and cut them in half one more time (or cut a few new marshmallows into quarters). Place two marshmallow quarters on the outer edge of each cupcake top on the opposite side of the marshmallow snout. These marshmallows will form your pig’s ears.
- Press two same-colored mini M Ms; into the frosting above your pig’s snout to become the eyes.
- Finish off your cute pig cupcakes by adding a curly, rope licorice tail. Cut the rope licorice into pieces 3 or 4 inches long and curl them around a pencil or your finger. Then, insert one end of the rope licorice into the pig cupcake behind the ears.
This cupcake decorating idea can be used with all of your favorite cupcake recipes for birthday parties, school bake sales, and more. Why stick to plain frosted cupcakes when you can easily create a batch of cute and delicious pig cupcakes? Use your own creativity and help your children to express theirs by experimenting with these and other cupcake decorating ideas for kids.
Recommended reading: Best Cake Decorating Kits
Recommended reading: Best Cake Cookbooks
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Best Peanut Oil Substitutes – 7 Alternatives Worth Trying
- Ingredients of Middle Eastern Cuisine
- Check Out This Collection of Fabulous Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Easy French Bread Pizza Recipe
- 10 Best Salt Grinders for Your Kitchen (2020)
- 5 Best Whiskey Barrels for your Kitchen
- Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- Amazing Quickie Fruit Pizza Recipe
- Make a Perfect Pie Bird for You Family Party
- St. Patrick’s Day Recipes: Easy Dips, Corned Beef Cabbage, Potatoes, Green Drinks and More