This Easter recipe is a must-have at my house every year. The entire family just goes on and on about how they love it. At least I hope they do and their not just making it up. It is a very simple Easter recipe with very few ingredients. The dish is called: Potato Surprise Casserole. Still to this day no one has yet to figure out what the “surprise” part includes.
These are the following items you will need to conjure up the casserole.
- 13×9 casserole pan (Here are some great casserole dishes!)
- aluminum foil
- 5 cans of cubed potatoes (drained)
- 4 in. of Velveeta cheese (chopped with the best food chopper)
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 cups of frosted flakes
- garlic powder and seasoned salt (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
There is no need to grease the pan before you get started. The first thing you want to do is pour the potatoes into the pan. Next, pour the milk into the potatoes. After the milk and potatoes are ready you will need to cover them with the aluminum foil. Stick them in the oven for 20 minutes and at 375 degrees. When they have finished baking for 20 minutes, pull them out and throw in the chopped Velveeta cubes to melt onto them and add the seasonings. Put in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
This Easter recipe is one of the easiest you can make, also on a low budget too. If you really want to get creative, a fun idea is to try using a rabbit or an egg shaped cake pan. So once the cheese has been melted into it pull it out of the oven and stir it. The final thing to do to this dinner Easter recipe is to add in the “surprise” which is the 2 cups of frosted flakes. Make sure that they are frosted or it will not taste the same. Toss it back in the oven for about 5 minutes and voila’. When it has been the 5 minutes you can pull them out and serve up some good food.
This cheap Easter recipe is always a big hit in the family. So if you would like to give it a try go right ahead. An Easter fact to sum up a delicious Easter recipe is that Americans buy more than 700 million peeps during 1 Easter season. Peeps are the most popular Easter candy there is besides of course chocolate. Hope this article was helpful with assisting you on another Easter recipe idea.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Packaged Paleo Snacks for your Kitchen
- The Best Nuts to Use for Muffin Recipes
- Different Fresh Pumpkin Baking Methods
- 10 Best Turkey Basters Review & Rating (2020)
- Invite Your Family and Friends in for a Baking Party
- Potato Surprise Casserole
- How to Learn Teach Your Children Chemistry by Baking with Them
- Perfect Unforgettable Baked Apple Turkey and Stuffing for Your Thanksgiving
- How to Bake Bread in 5 Minutes
- How to Eliminate Sugar Ingredients and Use Substitutes