- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
Whenever I visit India, I’m amazed by the flavorful curries. Today, I’m bringing some home for you with this delicious salad that is chock full of vitamins, complex carbs, and fiber that nourish and satisfy. Garlic and almonds help you shed weight, while the nuts slow the release of blood sugar, which keeps you feeling full for more of the day.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger root minced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon grapefruit juice
- 1 head romaine chopped
- 3 NO sIZE green onions chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Bake the sweet potatoes for 25-35 minutes or until fork-tender.
Toss the nuts with the olive oil and bake for 5-7 minutes. Mix the curry powder, onion powder and garlic powder in a bowl and toss with the hot nuts.
Combine the ginger, garlic, yogurt, coconut milk, and grapefruit juice and mix well.
To serve, place the romaine on the plate and top with the sweet potatoes, nuts, green onions, and dressing.
TIPS AND NOTES:
Top with grilled chicken breast or shrimp for added protein.
- Prepare the Best Cookies with These Simple Tips
- 10 Best Chocolate Fountains of 2020
- 5 Best Microwave Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Blackened Turkey Recipe for Thanksgiving
- Baking with Flax Seed: An Easy Way to Add Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Fiber to Your Diet
- 5 Best Casserole Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- 5 Best British Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Home-Made Baked Ziti Meal Recipe
- How To Organize a Christmas Cookie Exchange Party
- Try Deep Frying Turkey: A Thanksgiving Without Leftovers