Sometimes it’s good to have easy to read tips on the best ways to cook chicken, especially if you are in a hurry. Here are the chicken basics to enhance your cooking experience and get the best flavor out of your chicken.
Best Cooking Methods For:
- Chicken wings: Broil, Grill, Deep Fry (in the best deep fryer)
- Whole chicken: Braise, Roast, Air Fry (in the best air fryer)
- Breast: Broil, Saute, Grill, Pan-Fry, Deep fry (in the best roasting oven)
- Thighs: Braise, Grill, Roast, Pan fry, Stew, Deep fry
- Drumsticks: Roast, Grill, Braise, Pan fry, Stew, Deep fry
- The ideal time to roast chicken depending on the cut size is 13-15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F.
- Skinless boneless chicken breasts, thighs, and cutlets are very versatile and wonderful time savers because they cook quickly.
- Shop for already made rotisserie chickens at your local supermarket. You can use them in many different recipes and they cut down on meal preparation significantly.
Chicken and Black Bean Chili:
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Boneless chicken breasts cut into ½ cubes
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 ½ Cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Black beans
- 1 tbsp Lemon or lime juice
- Heat oil over medium heat and then add the chicken cubes until brown. This technique is called sautéing. You must continuously stir the chicken so that the outside do not overcook.
- Add cumin, chili powder and garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce, lemon juice and beans.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Orange and Onion Chicken:
- 2 Small rotisserie chickens or 1lb sliced chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium red onion (Here are some great onion choppers for you!)
- ½ Cup Orange marmalade
- 1 Cup Orange juice
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Heat chicken until warm in the convection oven or vacuum sealer
- Heat oil in a skillet on the stove over medium heat and then add onions. Stir the onions until they are glazed.
- Add orange marmalade, orange juice, and soy sauce. Cook this mixture until the marmalade dissolves and mixture reaches a simmer. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Next, add the cornstarch and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the warm chicken.
- (You can serve this dish with rice or noodles).
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!