Summer is the season for enjoying the beautiful sunshine, cooking outside on the grill and enjoying the long hours of daylight. For a quick meal for any night of the week, just grill up some of your favorite meat, prepared in any matter you choose and add one of these quick and easy salads. They are a great accompaniment to any dinner and some can be served on their own as a dessert, snack or meal in itself.
Orange Creamsicle Salad
- 1 box Orange Jell-O
- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 sm. can Crushed Pineapple in Juice (or whole pineapple that’s been cored with the best pineapple corer and juiced with the best juicer)
- Sliced Orange dipped in Sugar for Topping
Use a can opener to open crushed pineapple can and drain juice from pineapple into a saucepan and add jello. Stir and dissolve jello over medium heat. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add drained pineapple and ice cream. Keep folding and mixing gently until creamy and mixed. Pour into a bowl. Layer slices of orange that have been dipped in sugar around the top in a circular pattern. Chill for at least 8 hours. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.
Apple Waldorf Salad
- 3 cups Chopped Apples
- 1 cup Sliced Celery
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced Maraschino Cherries
- 2 cups Red (seedless) Grapes, cut in halves
Coat mixture with Hellmann’s Mayonnaise and Top with Whipped Cream. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.
Fresh Fruit Salad
- 2 cups Cantaloupe, cubed
- 3/4 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup Honeydew, cubed
- 4 Kiwi, thinly sliced
- 1 pint Fresh Strawberries,hulled and sliced
Mix fruit together. Coat with a simple syrup. (1/2 cup each water and sugar, simmered until thickened like syrup) Serve with Fresh Whipped Cream. (1/2 pint heavy whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup sugar whipped until thickened and peaks form) Great served as a dessert or as a side dish with grilled chicken.
Tri-Color Pasta Salad
- 1 Box Tri-Color Pasta Spirals
- 1/2 pint Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber, halved and cubed
- 1 can small Black Olives
- 4 oz. Pepper Jack Cheese, cubed
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse. Mix all other ingredients in with pasta. Coat well with your favorite Italian Dressing or Vinaigrette. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes if you like some heat and spice. Great with any style meat and as a lunch. Just add a roll and butter. It makes the pasta pink in color, but this is good with Red Wine Vinegar dressing.
Seafood Shells Salad
- 1 box small Shell Pasta
- 1 can Tiny Shrimp
- 1 can Lump White Crab
- 1/2 cup Frozen Sweet Peas
- 1/2 cup Carrot, finely chopped
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse. Add other ingredients. Use a hand mixer and mix well with Miracle Whip Salad Dressing. Serve on lettuce leaves. Garnish with fresh snipped parsley. This is a very nice side dish with Grilled Tuna or Fish.
Baby Leaf Spinach Salad
- 1 pkg. Baby Leaf Spinach, fresh
- Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- 4 Hard Cooked Eggs
- Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- Cheese Flavored Croutons
Serve with Raspberry Vinaigrette. Make the salad. Slice the hard cooked eggs and place sliced eggs across top of salad. This is a meal in itself if you make it big enough. Red onions and Walnuts make nice additions to this already delicious salad.
(Here are some great onion choppers for you!)
Italian Tortellini Salad
- 1 pkg. Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- 1 small jar Peppercini’s, drained
- 1 small jar Roasted Red Peppers, sliced in strips
- 1 can Artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 lb. Hard Salami, cubed
Cook Tortellini according to package directions. Add other ingredients and coat with Italian Dressing. Grated Parmesan cheese is a great addition. Serve this with fresh baked Italian bread and butter and some soup and you have a great meal. Quick and Easy. Allows time for other activities. Catch the sunset or bring the kids to the park. Enjoy your summer, don’t spend it all in the kitchen.
Recommended reading: Best Jar Openers
Another quick side dish for summer that goes well with pork or chicken is Cranberry Salad. Just take one can of whole berry cranberry sauce. Add 1 box raspberry jello and 1 small can of crushed pineapple and some chopped walnuts. Mix well and chill for at least one hour. This is very good on Turkey Sandwiches or Melts.
Be creative and have fun! Mix up your fruits and ingredients and you will be surprised what tastes yummy.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 9 Great Tips from Cooking Shows
- 10 Best Hot Dog Roller Reviews And Comparison 2020
- 5 Best Brown Rice Brands for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Canned Corn for your Kitchen
- Cinnamon, Pumpkin Nut and Banana Bread Recipes
- 5 Best Cookie Press Reviews 2020
- How Can an Oil-Free Turkey Fryer Reduce the Cholesterol Level of Your Thanksgiving Bird?
- Cooking With Baked Beans: Unusual Ways to Transform Baked Beans Into Easy Recipes
- 5 Essential Items That Should Be at Every Business Meeting
- Kitchen Supplies For Vegan Bakers: Appliances, Ingredients, Tips, Gadgets & Techniques for Vegan Baking