Mother’s Day is one of the busiest holidays for people apart from Christmas Day and New Year. Why? Apparently, people love their moms and every mother deserves a great gift during the special day. Aside from purchasing expensive clothes, bags, or shoes for your mom, try out a different kind of present.
You probably have checked out Mother’s Day gift ideas, particularly meant for moms that love to bake. However, have you considered preparing the pastry for your mother instead? If you have tried bringing cookies for Christmas Day when you last visited her, surprise her now with a new bread recipe.
Though it is interesting to give you mother the perfect cheesecake, it is still better to bring more that will suit her taste buds. Besides the class of cakes, you should check out bread recipes that she will enjoy for a day or two, such as blueberry rolls.
Recommended reading: Best Pastry Cookbooks
Basically, if your kids are also interested to take part in the baking process, you may let them join as well. In case they do not have the tools yet, you may choose any from gift ideas for kids who love to bake.
Once everything is set, you may proceed into baking the sweet yet filling blueberry rolls. Apart from perfecting your mom’s breakfast, it can be ideal for brunch as well.
The preparation will take you 15 minutes. Alternatively, the cooking will last for 25 minutes. The blueberry recipe below will provide you 16 servings. Given are the specifics:
- 1 large Egg (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons Softened Butter (chopped in small slices)
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 3 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 scant teaspoon Salt (Check out our recommended salt and pepper grinder sets!)
- 1 tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ to 1 cup Dried Blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 cup Milk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 ½ cups Confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Milk or Hot Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Whisk or use a hand mixer to mix the egg, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add sugar, butter, milk mixture, salt, flour, and yeast in the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the dough cycle.
- At the beep, put the ground cinnamon and blueberries.
- Grease a round baking pan, preferably nine inches in size.
- Put the flour on a surface for turning dough.
- Turn the dough.
- Punch the dough down.
- If necessary, add more flour while kneading the dough a few times.
- Shape 16 uniform balls and arrange them in the round pan.
- Use a kitchen towel to cover the balls.
- Let the balls rise in a place free from draft, approximately at 40 minutes.
- Heat the baking oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk the egg yolk and water in a bowl.
- Brush the resulting mixture onto the rolls.
- Bake the rolls for a maximum of 25 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown.
- Remove the rolls from the rack.
- Let it cool for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Mix one teaspoon of vanilla extract, melted butter, and confectioners’ sugar.
- Add two tablespoons of milk or hot water.
- Place a wax paper or foil sheet under the rack.
- Move the rolls to the rack.
- Drizzle the vanilla icing onto the rolls.
There are also variations of the recipe, such as the blueberry lemon bread, which will provide a hint of sourness into the baked good. The said added taste will definitely perk up one’s appetite.
From there on, you can be certain that your mom will be only surprised and satisfied with your present. You may check out the best bread machines in case you have not purchased one yet. It will help you save time and tedious effort.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 10 Best Non-Stick Frying Pan Reviews (2020)
- Homemade Dessert Recipes: Cherry Cobbler, Vanilla Custard & a Fruity-Chocolaty Chilled Dessert
- How to Make No Bake Cookies with Chocolate, Oatmeal, and Peanut Butter
- 5 Best Black+Decker Blenders for your Kitchen
- 10 Best Mexican Cookbooks for Your Kitchen
- Cookie Baking Toddlers Guide
- Great Recipes for Grilling with Lean Beef
- Cherry Muffins, Quick and Easy Baking Recipe: Simple Recipe for Enjoying Sweet Fruit in a Muffin
- 8 Tips on How to Make the Best Gluten-free Bread
- Enjoy Baking for Christmas!