My niece Grace gave me a Brownie Mix in a Jar for Christmas. It was beautifully layered and presented in a canning bottle with a bright red bow. I made the brownies a few days ago, and all I can say is wow!
I changed the way the batter is made and I think the end result really deserves the title of Sublime Brownies. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully; they’re a bit different from most brownie recipes. Also use the best quality cocoa powder you can find, as it is crucial to the brownie’s taste and texture.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
I like to bake brownies in a round pan. Then they are cut into wedges, which is a nicer presentation than squares or rectangles. Be sure that you don’t overbake brownies; that’s a rule for every brownie recipe. If they’re underbaked, they will simply be creamier in texture.
Enjoy this fabulous recipe!
- ½ cup butter (no substitutes)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- ¼ cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″ round or square baking pan with unsalted butter and set aside.
In heavy saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and whisk in ice cream topping along with the sugar. Stir until well blended. Then beat in eggs with the wire whisk.
Add flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder and stir until combined. Stir in white chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips.
Spoon and spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until brownies are set. Cool on wire rack and cut into squares or wedges. Makes about 16 brownies.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Add Some Glazed Fruits to Your Muffins for Tasty Texture
- Southern Thanksgiving Turkey
- Suggestions For Great Mother’s Day Gifts
- 10 Best Baking Sheets Review & Rating (2020)
- Amazing Salad Dressing Recipe
- 5 Best Fat Separators for your Kitchen
- How Toes Turbo Heating Work in a Turkey Air Fryer?
- Spicy Asian Pork Chops Recipe
- Recipes for Flavorful Fried Tofu and Tofu Soup
- How to Soften White Sugar: 7 Super Easy Methods Tried & Approved